2009 or 2010

redhawk42

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of buying a BH 3670 and I like some of the new things on 10 but get I can get a 09 about 6K less. What to you guys think, is the 10 model with the slam doors, the new material in the roof and the door in to the bedroom and maybe the cord real worth the extra money. I am retireing next year and will use it about half time. Oh I also think the tv is bigger in the 2010 model.

Niles

Very good question, we have a 2008 3670, and to be honest I would love to have the new floor and the new roof system. However that's where it ends, we like our floor-plan better in the bedroom, we have more cabinet space and drawers than the newer ones. The washer/dryer space is inside the closet and since we don't use it or intend to it's not a big deal for us. The pocket doors are a pain, I wish it didn't have the one going into the bedroom, I would like the door that goes between the bedroom and hallway, and I realize you can't have both doors swinging(bathroom and bedroom). I would said there will be just as many that will like the new layout better than ours, Heartland I'm sure is responding to customers. I guess it's all in what you want. If the only difference between 09 and 10's is the new floor, I would get the new floor. Long winded for that uh. Good luck in your decision, I'm sure which ever one you chose, you'll be one happy camper.

skyguy

Redhawk -
We ordered a 2010, and it came with just exactly what *we* wanted, nothing more. The locals dealers were so high on their 2009's, and unwilling to budge, that we were able to purchase the 2010 for less.
It was only 4 weeks to build time when we placed the order.
And there was some satisfaction in knowing we were the first and only folks in our new RV!
$6k doesn't seem like enough difference to me to go for an "old" unit.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Something to think about is when you buy an 09 it is already 1 year 'out of date' before you ever drive off the lot, even if it is new. This could affect the value of it. Ask yourself this question; Would you buy a 2009 'new' car when the 2010s are out? and how would that affect the value?. Apply that same logic to the 'new' 5er. On the other hand maybe the features on the 09 are something you like better than the 10. Just some 'food for thought'.

redhawk42

Thanks for all the response. Looks like we are going to get the 09 mostly the price and the extra dresser space made our decision. $6000. will go a long way for other things. The slam doors is the biggest thing I will miss but for 6k I will love the standard doors all the way to the bank. The only bad things it has is the Karrier tires but I am working on that. Thanks again.