mattresses

charlie51

We have a new Sundance 310QB and of course it has that so-called mattress which is just a hard piece of foam about 3 - 4 inches thick. Does anyone have a suggestion for a mattress or mattress topper to put on the one we have? I would like to stay under $200. It's the Queen size. I've heard the 4 inch foam mattress toppers that Wal-Mart and others sale do good, but don't know.

grizzlygiant

We have a 2" memory foam topper from Kohl's for about $130. We (and our two poodles) find it very comfortable.

netters1

We put a 2" memory foam topper on our old TT that we bought at WalMart. It made the bed so much better. We bought a new mattress when we got our new Landmark Augusta. We still have the Queen size pillow top mattress that came with the new 5er, but we live in Kansas.

cjbearden

Visitor
We currently use a 5" extra firm topper from JCPenney. Had it delivered to a park we were in and had to put it outside for a day to get rid of a lot of the foam smell. Due to the many 'goodies' we added this year; we are waiting until next year to purchase a sleep number bed from Camping World.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
we got a 3 inch memory form overstock.com for about 89.00 king size and i also got a goose down cover for it boy does it make for good sleeping the cover was about 98.00 this was 3 years ago---Kathy:)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Overstock is good, but smartbargains.com usually can beat the price.

Kristy

Dmaxcc6spd

We used a 2 or 3 inch topper from Sam's Club. Been sleeping just fine! The factory "mattress" is just too thin and I can feel too many of the "internals".

dieselsweetheart

hi Charlie, we had the same issue when we picked up our Bighorn in 06. The very next morning we were off to the local WalMart for some extra padding. We chose a 2" memory foam and it worked pretty good...however, if we stayed out on a trip longer than 3 nights I started to have issues with the mattress... so, we have really solved our problem. For home we bought a sleep number bed (Oh my...LOVE that!)... and Jim took our mattress from the home bed and put it in the Bighorn (plus a 2" mattress topper we had bought from BJ's which is nicer than the naked memory foam). Sleeping pretty good now in both beds without the painful joints in the morning!! Hope that helps!

mattress

I have looked all over on line for mattresses and have found that camping world seems to have the most reasonable price for a euro top interspring mattress. They are on sale for a little over $300. They also carry mattress toppers. We have just purchased a 28BHS northtrail and are looking forward to picking it up from the dealer after the dealer receives the options we purchased from Heartland. We have traveled for over 3 wks at at time in a cab over camper for the last 4 yrs and the trailer will be really great when we get a better mattress.
Good luck in your search for a good nights sleep.
Sid & Edd

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We must be weird :rolleyes:. We actually like the firmness of the mattress that came with our 3670.

Delaine and Lindy

Sleep Number....

When we had the Landmark Augusta we had to get the 4" topper and cut it to fit the pillow top mattress. The new 5er we ordered had the option of a Sleep number mattress and we order it. I agree the RV industry could do a lot better on their mattress's. GBY.....

charlie51

We ended up getting a 4" memory foam topper from Wal-Mart. It made a world of difference. It only cost around $150. I did end up cutting it down a little length wise to fit the so called mattress from the factory. I would recommend the topper to everyone. I found a few mattress stores around that could order short queen mattresses from several different manufacturers, but I didn't want to spend $300+ on that when I had so much other stuff I wanted as well.

Erma

We purchased our mattress topper at JC Penney for under 110 dollars. It really adds the comfort needed for a good nite's rest.

Jewels55

We never slept on our RV mattress. We took it out immediately and donated it to Goodwill. We bought a Sleep Number bed....and WE LOVE IT!

Erma

The mattress factory also makes RV Mattresses if you chose to replace the one furnished with your RV