sagging tank

davebennington

After Scott replied to the question of the sagging tank problem I took our rig to the dealer and they said that they have done a few of this type of fix. Has anyone on the forum had any dealings with this problem? What do they do to correct?

Dave:)

jbeletti

Dave,

I have had the sagging tank problem. Here's a thread where I posted how it was fixed.

Let us know how your dealer takes care of it and how you feel about it once it is done.

Thanks,

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

The sagging tank issue should be one that is now being resolved at the factory. I had two pieces of two inch angle bolted across the tank from the front to back, this helps to support the plywood and have no other problems. Have put about ten thousand miles on the trailer since than.

kerry

My 3400 BH has "the sagging tank problem". My fix is 2" angle iron (3) side to side under the tank scewed or bolted to the frame rails

Kerry

Paul & Nan

We had the problem with our tank, dealer added angle iron to reinforce the thin plywood that was holding the tank. That was in the summer, haven't had much experience since. Still waiting windows from the factory,(it has been a month) due to vandals smashing all door side ones.
Nan and Paul
06 BH 3500RL

svd

Paul & Nan,
Sorry to hear about your windows. When you say you are waiting for new ones from the factory, I don't know if you mean Heartland or the window manufacturer. I have a friend that bought a new window directly from the factory and it came fairly quick.

How did you know your tank was sagging? Is it easily noticed that the underbelly is hanging lower? Thanks, and good luck!

davebennington

The sagging mtank can easly be seen if you fill your fresh water tank up . It will push the underbelly down and you can see the tank exposed.

Dave

Paul & Nan

davebennington said:
The sagging mtank can easly be seen if you fill your fresh water tank up . It will push the underbelly down and you can see the tank exposed.

Dave

Agreed, that is how we found ours, sitting by the campfire about the third night out, noticed a low hanging object that had not been there before. Got to checking it out, it was the water thank. Dealer fixed it. Nan

Paul & Nan

svd said:
Paul & Nan,
Sorry to hear about your windows. When you say you are waiting for new ones from the factory, I don't know if you mean Heartland or the window manufacturer. I have a friend that bought a new window directly from the factory and it came fairly quick.

How did you know your tank was sagging? Is it easily noticed that the underbelly is hanging lower? Thanks, and good luck!

Our dealer had to go through the Hearland factory for the windows. They were to have been there Friday, will call in the morning to find out--If not there will be sparks flying from dealer and from us--it has been way to long for rig to be sitting with plastic duck taped over four holes in the wall. Nan

Tom of Ypsi

I hadd to wait a little over three weeks for one window over the computer desk for our Mt Rushmore. The factory has to order from the supplier. I do not understand why the factory could not send one out from their current stock for the ones they are building thus eliminating the waiting time and keeping the current owners on the road and happy.

nscaler2

Just in time

Tom,
We took a tour of the factory a while back when our 3055 was on order. They hadn't started it at the time. We requested a subtle change in the way it was going to be built and they said that NO CAN DO. It seems that they order the parts up for trailers that are to be built as the orders come into them. They do not carry a supply of extra parts. They like a great number of manufactures of all sorts of things operate on the "Just in time principle and really don't warehouse much in the way of parts.