Slides

I am a new owner of a Big Country 3500RL. When it was dropped off in February, I could not get the slides to go out with the slide switch, even when it was plugged in. I hooked the battery up to a pick-up truck and the slides when out. I just assumed that the battery had died on the trip. I hooked it up to a charger and it wouldn't take a charge. Two months later when I was getting ready to move it, the same thing happened, no response from the slides unless the battery was hooked up to a truck.

I assume it is a bad battery, but the dealer thinks it is something else. Any ideas? I'm a newbie, so any help is greatly appreciated. :)

jpmorgan37

When you say, you hooked the battery up to the pick-up, I am assuming that you mean with jumper cables. If that's the case and it works, you either have a discharged battery or loose battery cables. I would definitely pull the battery and have it tested. That's my idea right now.

John

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When you say you hooked it up to the truck I presume you hooked up the trailer/truck cord. What it sounds like to me is your battery in the RV is bad. It is easy to check by removing the battery and taking it to a store that sells batteries. They can check the battery. You might also check the converter to see if it is charging the battery. If not then you either have a bad converter or fuses on the converter are blown or the AC outlet the converter is plugged into is dead. More than likely your battery is bad. (I went through 2 new batteries that were defective). Hope this helps.