Weather Alert radio

We finally found a wx radio with a selectable alert tone, so you don't leap out of your skin when it goes off. With it set on Low siren, it's a resonable volume. Found on e-bay last year: Midland WR-300 all hazards alert radio.

It has lots of options, good menu, selectable alerts (you decide what to be alerted for). One nice feature, when the alert sounds, it automatically turns on the wx radio so you hear the NOAA alert, not just the siren.

Works great in the house too!

Edd and Janet

I purchased the WR-300 Weather Alert Radio on the recommendation of Jay Pearsall. Berry and I keep talking about getting a weather alert radio but never pursued. Jay did our research for us by his email above.

Super! Don't get frustrated going through the setup and menu. I didn't worry about setting up alerts for my specific county, I kept it general to make it easier for travel. The menu is in depth setting up the alerts for various weather threats (hurricane, tornado, flash flood, freeze warning, etc) and you can select if you want the siren to sound for Warnings only or Watches as well. Send me a note if you want more info once you get it.