Satellite Hookup

I have a BC 3500RL with the four satellite hook-ups in the sanitation station area. I have one tv in the living room. I tried all of the hook-ups, and while all of them are hot, my satellite receiver couldn't get a connection. The installation guy said because of an internal splitter only one tv would not work. I ended up just running it through the window. Is the installation guy right or am I missing something? Is there some place to get a schematic of how everything works on the trailer?

B

bwwalczak

On our Big Country product you will see 4 satellite connections on the top of the Universal Docking Center. 2 of these connections go to the roof prewired kit, while the remaining connections go to the living room and bedroom connections respectively.

To isolate which connection is which, locate the Universal Docking Center placard located on or near the compartment door. This placard will give you the most information, including a simple schematic drawing of connections. If you need more info, please feel free to contact Heartland service for more info.

If you choose to use a roof mounted satellite system, then you will have to use a small “jumper” connection between the roof and living room connection inside the Universal Docking Center.

I hope this helps to answer your questions, and we do not recommend the “old wire through the window method”!

SmokeyBare

One method to find the correct connection...

Attach the Dish Receiver to the connection where it will be... such as the Living room's cable connection... then go outside to the UDC... use an electrical test meter... or use a Satellite Signal Meter... attach one of those... to each connection at a time until your meter shows you getting power.

When your Meter shows the connection getting power, that will be the correct connection to attach the cable to go to the Dish outside.

Hope this helps.

SmokeyBare

With the Dish TV Receiver connected to the connection at the TV location... in my case behind the Living room TV is where I have my Reciever...

Go out to the UDC location... open each of the Connection covers... and test one probe of a Volt Meter... OR if you own a Signal Finder Meter....

http://www.satpro.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=192

With the Receiver's power button turned on... The Receiver sends power to the Dish... so you will discover the correct connection by looking for Power... by using one of the Meters.

My Signal Meter has a Small Red Light inside... with the power coming from the Receiver... the light is turned on... it gives you a "Heads Up" that your getting power while your outside and away from the Reciever... With the Signal Meter.. you will not get the Meter to move yet.... that ONLY Happens once you begin to aim the Dish toward the Satellite. There might be a sound emitted from the Signal Meter as well... but being somewhat hard of hearing... I have to listen real close to hear it...

The Connections that are NOT giving you any signal... are NOT the one connected to the Dish TV Receiver.

I Believe you will get 12 Volts... I Could be Wrong about the amount.. but I Know you will get Voltage from the Receiver. ( as you might guess I always use my Signal Meter )

Sure hope this helps you some....

Marv