G614 psi ?

caokgafamily

I found a place I could get 4 G614 "G" out the door installed $1095.
My trailer is a 07 3400, The inside stamp of the rim says max 110 psi so I'm pretty sure those rims are ok for a G rated tire. My question is if I get the G614 what pressure would you run them at, I know its overkill so I was thinking just 90psi then you have room for expansion or should I go with the Mich XPS "E" for $ 1195.

Thanks
Steve

boatdoc

Steve, I think I would go with the "G" tires and save the $100.00. Yes, it may be overkill but between the two tires there's not that much diff for YOUR situation. Seeing you have the rated rims you have a choice. We, with the 3670 have no choice but the G614's and will go that route soon, hopefully.

jpmorgan37

Steve;

I would definitely go with the G614RST tires. Your rims are G rated (110 psi) As far as inflation pressure, you should go with the pressure according to the weight on your axles. That can be found in Goodyears inflation chart here. Look at the second table in the list and it gives your tire size and the G rated pressures. Hope this helps.

John

SmokeyBare

The correct answer would be to load it according to Goodyear's specifications. That would require KNOWING the weight of the RV... The true loaded weight with both propane tanks full... as well as what ever you carry in the RV.

Tire Companies have tables of recommended tire pressure for the load they will carry.

Here is a link to Goodyear's Load/Inflation tables:

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv_inflation.pdf

Using that table... look for LT235/85R16 size tire.

Here is a link to G614 Tire:

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/g614rst.html

I carry 110 pounds of pressure in mine. I know the weight of my RV and I feel safe with that pressure. Remember... all tire companies allow for the expansion you mention. They will not be over the limit even at 110 PSI with heat expansion. Also... I bought 5... so IF I have a flat... I can feel safe running on the spare.

I recommend getting your RV weighed... it's Best if you know the weight of each tire... as well as the over all weight... as well as the weight of each truck tire... with and with out the RV hitched... At many RV Rally...they often have a crew doing weighing with a full set of portable scales.

Good Luck !

caokgafamily

Hey everybody thanks for the help!
In another 5 hours I will let you know how it all turned out, If I don't have a blowout on the way there... HA HA
Steve

Cyncwby

A little info on prices......while in Cedar City, Utah and just to see how much they would charge for the G614's I stopped at the local Goodyear dealer. They quoted me a price if ONLY $448 each installed = $1792!! Me thinks you're getting a deal.

Uncle Rog

caokgafamily, Larryheadhunter found them here for $228 + tax, and istallation. That puts him +- $50 of you, just to make you feel better, you got a good deal.......

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I found a place I could get 4 G614 "G" out the door installed $1095.
My trailer is a 07 3400, The inside stamp of the rim says max 110 psi so I'm pretty sure those rims are ok for a G rated tire. My question is if I get the G614 what pressure would you run them at, I know its overkill so I was thinking just 90psi then you have room for expansion or should I go with the Mich XPS "E" for $ 1195.

Thanks
Steve
Steve, I run my G614's at 90psi. Not for expansion reasons but for capacity. I could run 110 but 90 is plenty for needed capacity and it may even provide a bit more cushy suspension and maybe even better tire wear. It's a personal choice.

CGibson

We got ours up here for 1199 installed. I am surprised that we got such a good deal compared to those of you in the lower 48.

caokgafamily

$1070 installed out the door,235/85/16 G614. One of the loadstar's had more cracks than the others, front driverside. I inspected the tire when they pulled it off, guess what I found. The area were the cracks were "see pic" would just lay flat, about a 5" area also on the inside same spot the rubber was just hanging down. Delamination ? The tech said my steel belt had Broke, it was real soft to the touch compared to the rest of the tires. We were heading out this weekend. Thanks to this forum!! you guys probably saved me a bunch of trouble...

What do I need to torque the nuts to?

Byron Tire Byron GA. 1 877 202 2339, 100 miles south of Atlanta on I 75.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 37
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Bobby A

my manual says 120 ft. pounds of torque I have the G 614's also on my new 3580 B/H

Last edited: