Plumbing Problems - 2008 Sundance 2998RB

jopatk

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable or a Heartland expert. I have a 2008 Sundance 2998RB with a bedroom & bathroom in the rear. We hear a
very loud thump/thud whenever the toilet is flushed, and to some lesser extent when flushing the main/front toilet. I pulled the underneath sheathing off and watched the pipes shake violently when the toilet is flushed. It seems there is nothing holding these pipes to the frame. I believe it's an engineering mistake. Has anyone else had the same problem. It''s becoming annoying. Thanks

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Some movement is required but.....Totally rigid piping supports can cause the pipe to crack or brake. A pipe hanger every 6' on straight runs, another hanger where a direction change takes place. Add one duel lateral seismic support where you see the most movement. (plummer's tape run at 45 deg. angles up to the frame).

(retired Union Pipefitter)

SmokeyBare

How high is your water pressure??

Slamming plumbing pipes... shaking drain pipes... might be a sign that the pressure is very high... causing the water to surge when it's turned on... and shake the pipes when it's suddenly shut off... such as when the toilet valve is activated.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jopatk, are you you referring to the white fresh water tubing supply lines shaking? The way the flush valve on these toilets operates is a very fast open and/or close action. That's whats causing the clunk, thud or however it can be described. It operates almost as fast as a solenoid valve. That is also why the supply lines shake when the foot valve is operated. Even if you secure the supply lines, the noise will still be there. The more water pressure you have the louder the clunk. Our toilet has made that sound several times a day, every day, for darn near 3 years. No worries.

jopatk

Thanks to all for the comebacks. Great info. Yes, I was using a pressure regulator, but the wife complained that she didn't have any water pressure for doing the dishes. Other friends in our park said they do not use the regulators because the pressure is not that high. Guess I'll try it again. Thanks again everybody. We love our Sundance. Great amenities for a mid-priced 5er. The folks at Heartland have been great when I've had a few problems.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
jopatk, you did not state what kind of pressure regulator you are using. Just a thought here, if you are using one of those cheap plastic regulators from Walmart they are pretty much junk. Either use a good brass one or a better option is an adjustable one with a guage made by Watts.
Peace
Dave

boatdoc

Like Dave said, get a watts, something along the line of an N55B. You will have all the pressure you need PLUS VOLUME.

zztop

I had a big wet spot under the carpet several times right next to the water heater. I think it came from over flowing the fresh water tank or a bad leaking hose connection into the docking center. I caulked around the inside of the docking center and I have not had the problem since. It looks as if the water could also overflow into the basement area quite easily too.

jopatk

Plumbing Problems

None
Thanks to everyone for the info. Sounds like I need to get a Watts. I took off the cheapo I had on at one time, but the wife complained she had no water pressure at the sink for doing dishes. Everyone at my snowbird RV park say that the water pressure there is well within the limits. This is my second 5th wheel and I never experienced this problem with the other one. Again - thanks.

jopatk, you did not state what kind of pressure regulator you are using. Just a thought here, if you are using one of those cheap plastic regulators from Walmart they are pretty much junk. Either use a good brass one or a better option is an adjustable one with a guage made by Watts.
Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
jopatk, one more thing comes to mind here. Have you checked and cleaned the screen in the spray head at the sink? Dirt in there will cut down the flow of water.
Peace
Dave