New Big Country Owner

Brenrick

Hello,

A friend of mine has a 2008 Keystone Everest and made a negative comment about the corian countertops in the new rig we just bought. He said to watch out for these countertops because they scratch very easily. Have any one of you had this problem? Please advise!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have had my Big Horn for 3 years in Sept. and I have not scratched mine we do alot of cooking in it for we don't go out to eat when we camp. I do have a wax and a cleaner i use that J.P Morgan told me about so I don't think they scratch that easy.I do use a cutting board-------Kathy:)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have had our rig for a year and 1/2. No scratches and no cracks. Maybe he's just jealous because you have a nicer rig. Get a good cutting board as Kathy suggested. Bob:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Even if they do get a little scratch, it will buff out if you follow the directions to do it. We have Corian at home and the solid surface that Heartland is using is basically the same stuff. Borax cleanser works really well.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Benrick, I doubt that your friend has had any hands on experience with these tops. Most likely something his dealer told him to get him to buy the Keystone. Any counter top can scratch. You know how it goes, my brother inlaws second cousins nephews best friends sister said......................
Peace
Dave

Brenrick

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your input and responses to my many questions. I too love to cook and only eat out on rare occasions, this includes camping time. I would always use a cutting board just as I did in my previous TT.

We bring our new FW home this Friday and we are so excited. The gentleman with the Everest will be picking it apart so I have to grow a backbone! That will not be a problem, HaHaHa...Jealousy is just a terrible thing and that is all it is.

Chat with you all soon I am sure I will come up with at ton of Q's.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
When the dude with the Everest gets to see it and turns green it will be with envy. Good luck , nice rig and many wonderful adventures to come.....Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brenda & Rick, Congrats on your new Big Country. When we were shopping back in 2006 we looked at the Everest and Challenger. The Big Country wasn't available at that time and we fell in love with a Bighorn. Heartland won the contest hands down. Enjoy your new rig. Mr. Everest will never concede though.:eek:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hello,

. He said to watch out for these countertops because they scratch very easily.

Wow, scratching solid surface is doing something now.
The brand we install in our houses actually has a 10 year warranty against scratching. You really have to try to abuse the stuff to hurt it.
But that is just my 2 cents, for what it's worth :D