Central NJ Heartland service?

davelinde

Can anyone offer opinions on getting service on a Heartland product in central New Jersey? I've got some (hopefully minor) warranty work to get done before my year is up and asked for a list of dealers near my zip.

Camping World in Lakewood declined to do warranty work.

I now have an appointment at Crossroads Trailers in Newfield NJ (about 90 miles for me). They were polite and professional on the phone but they immediately brought up the possibility that they might not be able to repair things correctly if Heartland does not OK their costs... then I got a bit of a lecture about buying out of state to save money -- but hey, THEY don't even carry they Cyclone line so it's not like I could have purchased from them?

Anyone have experiences -- good (hopefully) or bad with Crossroads?

The next closest dealership was in Connecticut which is a bit far. Anyone else near central or South NJ (or Delaware, East PA, Maryland...) that I might consider if Crossroads doesn't come through?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have been very pleased with Crossroads RV. We purchased two coaches from them and had warranty and scheduled work done on both in their shop. Just made an appointment today to have a new landing gear motor installed on our Big Horn under warranty. Called last week, explained our situation, they ordered the parts and called today to schedule the service appointment. We were given a Saturday appointment so we could tow in and wait for the repairs. We are about 60 miles away so the same day service is appreciated. I have not encountered any problems in the 5 years we have been doing business with them. If my experiences are any indication of how you will be treated I would say make the appointment!;)
Their facility is clean with pleanty of room to maneuver through their lot. They do not have a fancy store or large inventory of parts and accessories but they have sold and serviced to our satisfaction.

davelinde

Thanx for the feedback, glad to get a satisfied customer report so fast.
We made an appointment for June 8.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Another Happy Visit

Towed the BH to Crossroads Trailers today. Had the Landing Gear Housing replaced. Service tech said we got the new design unit which has a cast aluminum housing - not plastic like the old one. It took about an hour to install and then he took the time to explain how the unit works and what to look out for. We had fun checking out the 2010 units on the lot while our repair was made. I have read so many dealer horror stories on the forum and feel so grateful to have Crossroads on our side.;)

porthole

Retired
I just came back from a multi manufacturer tour in Indiana.
The Cyclone is at the top of my list. When I questioned the lack of dealers available I was told (and have heard elsewhere) that if you don't have a local dealer the factory will work a getting someone to work on your rig, even if it is an independent.

Both the Cyclone sales manager and Mike Alpin told me this.

porthole

Retired
Thanx for the feedback, glad to get a satisfied customer report so fast.
We made an appointment for June 8.

How was your service visit? Where in New Jersey are you?

I have the same questions as you did.

I did have an appointment with FRETZ RV, stopped there on the way home form the PA Rally. They seemed more then willing to accommodate me fro future service.

They are in:
3479 Bethlehem Pike
Souderton, PA. 18964
(800) 673-7389

For me (Wall, NJ) Fretz is closer then Crossroads.

Crossroads - My buddy bought a trailer form them and during his last visit he mentioned our trailer to the owner. She told him that she would like to have our business and understood that we didn't buy form them because they don't carry the line.

She also mentioned something about being a little picky with Heartland. Not sure what that meant.