6000lb axles ?

caokgafamily

I was crawling around underneath my 3400Rl today and a question crossed my mind. Why do I have 2ea 6000lb axles under my 3400 if my max weight is 14K ? Is it because it is always on the truck or on the front legs, thus we would subtract the pin weight.
Any thoughts ?

steve

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Steve,

About a year - or so - ago, I asked the same about my (3) 6000# axles under the Cyclone. They ended up sending a new VIN sticker showing 18000 to replace the original one that had 21000+. ?? I think the original was correct - for the reasons you stated.

jpmorgan37

Weigh each wheel and then you will know for sure. If you are coming to the Rally, there will be a service that will weigh each wheel on your RV and on your tow vehicle. It will let you know, for sure, if you are within the limits of your tow vehicle and also if you need to do some balancing of the weight in your RV. I know that I did.

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Check your springs. We have a 3400RE and the springs were flat and I do not carry that much in the trailer. I now have 7k axles and am putting the Mor/Ryde IS, DB & NL axles.

Search the forum and read about the axles in other threads...