Diesel Fuel Price

jpmorgan37

I got all excited today. I pulled into a Flying J outside of Portland, OR an filled up at $2.02 a gallon. After paying $2.69 in Washington, I thought that I was in paradise. Then they tacked on about 25 cents a gallon "State Road" charge, so my excitement diminished about 12 points. That's a new one on me. I'll try again on Friday before I get out of Oregon and see if they do it again. I know that its more in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana but I was surprised at that add on charge.

John

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got all excited today. I pulled into a Flying J outside of Portland, OR an filled up at $2.02 a gallon. After paying $2.69 in Washington, I thought that I was in paradise. Then they tacked on about 25 cents a gallon "State Road" charge, so my excitement diminished about 12 points. That's a new one on me. I'll try again on Friday before I get out of Oregon and see if they do it again. I know that its more in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana but I was surprised at that add on charge.

John

If you want to check diesel prices at Flying J use this link http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPorta...gj/diesel/dieselPricePageFlow/getDieselPrices

You might be surprised how low diesel prices are in Wyoming. They are cheaper in Wyoming than Houston.:confused:

boatdoc

Sorry about that John, That's a little trick the state does here for the truckers. I'm pretty sure the truckers pay a fee upon entry and that covers their tax on fuel. That $2.02 a gallon was for them already paying the tax. I've been here 18 years and still get "excited" on ocasion, then I remember, darn.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here in McKinney TX, I went to Wal-Mart and the price was $1.98 per gallon. I go in and get a Shopping card to go purchase Diesel and I get 3¢ off per gallon. That makes my Diesel $1.95.

While driving down State Hwy 5, I saw with in 5 miles a Race Track station showing price of $2.05 the same price as regular gas, a Chevron Station at $2.29 and another station at $2.35. It really gets me that there is such a huge price difference. I wish everyone that is buying any type of fuel, that they only fuel at places that have a good price and let the rest eat their high priced fuel.

I am always checking the prices as I drive around. Glad I have two tanks for a total of just under 80 gallons. I can pick and choose most of the time.
BC

ct0218

Heres's a couple of sites that you can check fuel prices about anywhere:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
http://www.motortrend.com/gas_prices/index.html
And FlyingJ: http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPorta...=true&_pageLabel=flyingjPortal_portal_page_60,
GasBuddy also has a gas price temperature map, maps for the stations, etc. The Motor Trend site and GasBuddy site don't always have a particular town listed, so if it is not on one it may be listed on the other site. They are usually very accurate unless you are in a period of rapid price increase, such as a few days before a holiday.

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

I use the Gas Buddy and Flying J. I had checked the Flying J but they don't tell you about the "State Road" until you go in and pay. My Bad. Now I know.

Thanks for the update.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Saw diesel for $1.99 before gas card at the Walmart in Taylorsville,NC yesterday afternoon.Finally cheaper than gas again.

bigredtruck

At Flying J in Red Deer, Alberta today it was 65.4 cents per liter. (abour 4 liters to US gallon, I think)

3.7854 litres to a US Gallon plus exchange makes that $2.97US/US Gallon.
I think in BC we are still paying $0.88/litre so $4/Gallon.

Ouch!!!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have paid @2.09/gal for my last 2 tanks here in Wyoming. Yesterday in Douglas, last week in Gillette.

skyguy

buck ninety five in Colorado Springs, with 10 cent discount at
King Soopers (City Market)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It just went from $1.99 to $2.09 here in town. The stations at the freeway exits are running $.10 to $.20 higher. I'm kind of surprised they can "add" charges beyond what is shown on the pump. Do they pull that stunt on gasoline, too?

jpmorgan37

No, not on gasoline. I think it is designed to rape the truckers. Heaven help us if the truckers ever decide to rebel. It would bring this country to a immediate grinding halt. Again, that's just this old guy's opinion.

John

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
$2.12 here today. Walmart is usually $0.04 cheaper, but I cut it to close.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
$2.09:) at the Exxon at US1 and Cherryhill Road in between Dumfries and Woodbridge, VA. $2.59:mad: at the BP and Shell stations just around the corner. Now let me see, which one should I go to:rolleyes:?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
$1.97 at the Chevron between Riverside and Huntsville Tx on Hwy 19. $1.97 at Papa Keith's in Riverside on Hwy 19. $1.99 1 block down the street at Valero in Riverside and $2.09 in Trinity 5 miles north on Hwy 19. That is all diesel prices.