2010 Propane bottles too big?

zorro

We purchase a 2010 3300RLB and tonight we were flushing it out and realized that the propane bottles are too big which makes the outside door buckle and has sprung the the door. Anyone else have this problem? Or are there different sizes in diameter of propane bottles? It appears to make them fit we would have to torch the frame about a 1/2 inch. And of course the dealer we purchased the unit from is over 750 miles away. I will place a call to them tomorrow.

Any help would be much appreciated...Thanks!

Kelly

boatdoc

I knew they were close but that's not right. Come on Heartland, it's getting a little sloppy out there!!

2010augusta

our 40#'s fit just fine. I have not checked out how much clearence we have, but I think we have over an inch to spare to the door.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
All propane bottles, 20, 30 and 40#, are the same diameter. What I think may be the problem is maybe the mounting platform is out of whack. Heartland has several different mounting methods for LP and I'm not familiar with yours but check to see if the bottle/bottles are properly positioned in the mounting space. If it's a sliding platform, was it locked in place?

Tom of Ypsi

I know on our LM when I put the 40# tank in place I do have to push the bottom in to square it up. If the tank sits a little crooked the door does not close properly.

zztop

I had the same problem one time. I had not positioned the bottles correctly. Just shifted them and the door shut fine.

HRAI

We had to shim the platform that holds the tanks in my dad's Sundance. The platform was out of whack. It has to be perfect or the door bulges out.