OK leak in the storage area

zorro

We just bought a 2010 Sundance 3300 RLB picked it up in March and if you have noticed before in previous posts we were flushing it out and loading it tonight for the first time. Well after flushing the anitfreeze out of it my husband notice that the storage compartment below is totally soaked! Any suggestions or ideas? There appears to be no obvious leaks in the compartment and I know it was dry earlier as I vaccumed the sawdust out before he started this project and before we were goning to load the bottom.

Thanks!

Kelly

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The only thing that comes to mind would be hydraulic oil from the slide out pump. I don't know though about weather or not the Sundance has hydraulic or electric slides???

zorro

Umm individual electric slides..no rain or bad weather within that time frame to make the compartment wet...Thanks Ray!

Kelly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kelly, water leaks are not uncommon. Be sure to check all fittings. I am not sure of the layout of your Sundance, but if you have a bulkhead in the basement, a couple of screws holds it in place. Get behind that wall and check fittings. The water pump has some that can be hand tightend as well as a small sediment bowl. While the bulkhead is removed, hook up to city water and repeat your flushing process while watching for leaks. Checking water and drain fittings is something that is part of my regular maintenance.
Peace
Dave

yippi

NFL Fans
hi Kelly.. we had the same problem in our Bighorn. I found it was comming from behind the bulk head where the pump is all the fittings were loose .once tight they were fine .

cjbearden

Visitor
Be sure to check one way valve on hot water heater. Happened to us yesterday. Ours was plastic put on with improper tool and it finally blew. Water everywhere!!!!! That valve needs to be a copper fitting put on with crescent or regular wrench (not a slip jaw plier). We are headed back to RV Capital next Wednesday to deal with that and some other issues.

C.J.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Umm individual electric slides..no rain or bad weather within that time frame to make the compartment wet...Thanks Ray!

Kelly
My eyes must have been going goofy. I read your post as OIL leak in the storage area. I see now it's "OK" leak in the storage area. Oops! As mentioned in the other replies, it's probably something easily resolved behind the wall where all the plumbing is located. Let us know what you find. I'll make sure I'm wearing the right glasses:eek:.

thomasinnv

the water pump is right behind the bulkhead, as are the water lines from the UDC and for the shower/sink. easiest way is to climb in from the doorside and remove the 4 screws holding the bulkhead on. there is a small access panel, or you can remove the entire half panel with the same number of screws for easier access(2 screws attached at the UDC, and 2 right about the middle of the trailer).

bgscott

have you had your shower on? if so go point the shower head into the outside back corner of the shower. then walk around and open the access hole to the basement and watch for a leak. thats where mine was/is.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Also check where your outside shower line attaches to the main water lines. In our Sundance it was inside the bathroom sink cabinet. That's the only leak we've had.

buckeyebob

when i used my water pump for the first time i flooded my basement !!the winterizing antifreeze valve was open.i had camped twice with campground water hookup and no leaks!!check every fitting in coach,water heater,and bathroom sink,kitchenfaucet and strainer nut.they all leaked on mine!!!!all seams well now.periodically check these hand tightening fittings as road travel will loosen them.enjoy, buckeyebob.