Wax to use

guyton44

We just brought home our new 287RL. We want to wax it from the start. Just what wax is the best for the fiberglass finish. We do not want to damage it in any way, but want the best protection for the finish.
Thanks,

sealman

Try this web site I have had great luck with them...I use GEL-COAT LABS.
Click on properrvcare at the top. The Porter Cable orbital buffer is excellent with the orange pads, and microfibre buffing pads. Fast and professional.
John

http://properautocare.com/

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have used McQuires (maroon bottle) spray on liquid wax (you can get it a Wal-Mart in the automotive section). I have used it on two 5ers for over 8 years without problems. It is easy to use, gives a great shine, and lasts reasonably well. You can just spray it on, let haze and wipe off. Do a small section at a time and eventually youll do the whole thing.

guyton44

Thanks for the information, I am heading out tomorrow to look at the options. We are going on a "shake down" trip next week and we want to start the waxing.
Thanks again,
Guyton

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
Nano-Technology

I looked up the web site and they show 3 products? which one do you use and how easy is it to apply... thanks

Marine Polish
http://www.re-structuremarine.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1009

Watch video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rOUuL1zqs

Put a little on your glove and rub it into the surface until it disappears. Within a couple of minutes, what has not disappeared, wipe off with applicator.

As I said before, Nano-technology makes good sense to me. I used to design equipment that would grind paint particles down to micro size particles in the paint industry so I understand how nano size particles are much better than micro size particles. Many people do not understand new technologies so they will stay with the product they have used for years. Even worse yet, some people will use carnuba wax on their beautiful new white fiberglass.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
More Information

'Booklet Marine Polish' is a 10 page booklet they will email you that gives more details.

Email jpeoples@re-structuremarine.com and ask for this pdf booklet or download it here at this link.

Our RV is too expensive to just go to Wal-Mart and buy 'X' brand polish and hope it works over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

62cwil

Wax to Use`

I just ordered my 29SBRL Eagle Ridge. On my current rig I have used Meguiars Flagship Wax and my unit which is gel-coat looks as good today as it did 7 years ago. Since the Eagle Ridge is not a gel-coat I am told by some that I should put a treatment on it as soon as I get it. The recommended one to me is a product you can see on the web at shieldyourvehicle.com
It is expensive but am told it has a 5 year warranty and a friend of mine had it done 3 years ago and his rig looks new. Any comments or info or suggestions is appreciated.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I know everyone has their favorite with good reason...so here is mine-but it is not a wax-
http://www.poliglow-int.com/

I have used it on several different boats with very good results. Best thing is it really does last a full year on boats sitting in the water out in the sun all year.

Triber

I too use Protect All on my 3670 Big Horn. I used it on my Okanagan 5er before that and my Terry with great results. I like it because it can be used for Gel-Coat, for your truck interior, including leather upholstery and instead of 4 or 5 different products, I only carry one in my rig. It is easy to apply and doesn't require lengthy polishing. It provides UV protection as well.

A note to Canadians...... In Canada (at least BC) a one litre bottle of Protect All costs $40.00. At Camping world in the States, one US Gallon costs $34.95. Wait until you go Stateside to buy it! Much less expensive!

imchud

I too use Protect All on my 3670 Big Horn. I used it on my Okanagan 5er before that and my Terry with great results. I like it because it can be used for Gel-Coat, for your truck interior, including leather upholstery and instead of 4 or 5 different products, I only carry one in my rig. It is easy to apply and doesn't require lengthy polishing. It provides UV protection as well.

A note to Canadians...... In Canada (at least BC) a one litre bottle of Protect All costs $40.00. At Camping world in the States, one US Gallon costs $34.95. Wait until you go Stateside to buy it! Much less expensive!

I too just purchased Protect All and applied it this past weekend, and it was very very easy to apply. You just wipe it on on then off before it has a chance to dry.. You can put it on the window and all the trim to help protect them as well... seems like good stuff...