roof vents

charlie51

I'm thinking of getting some of the roof vents covers that allow you to leave the vents open. Any suggestions on a brand? I'm a member of camping world and I noticed they have the Rambler brand pretty cheap.

Niles

Just make sure if you have the power fans in your vents that the cover will allow the correct air flow.

RVCamper

I put the Ramber brand on mine unit and in heavy rain, there is a fine mist that comes in. I'd steer clear of these.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I installed MaxxAir covers on our TT and they worked fine, even in the rain. The bathroom had a large fan in the vent and the cover did not seem to inhibit its operation. I've since installed them on our 3670, using the larger one designed to work with the Fantastic Fan to cover it (standard covers on the other vents). Don't really care if the rain sensor is now covered since I didn't want it to close because it started raining and the humidity was up.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I installed MaxxAir covers on our TT and they worked fine, even in the rain. The bathroom had a large fan in the vent and the cover did not seem to inhibit its operation. I've since installed them on our 3670, using the larger one designed to work with the Fantastic Fan to cover it (standard covers on the other vents). Don't really care if the rain sensor is now covered since I didn't want it to close because it started raining and the humidity was up.

I did the same as John. I wanted to be able to leave the vents open in the summer when it gets hot inside the trailer while on the hwy. We have a Fantastic Fan in the kitchen and in the toilet room with MaxxAir on both. I have had no problems.
BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have MaxAire on all of our vents too. No problems except check the nuts that hold them on as they have periodically loosened, I guess due to the vibration of road travel.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have the Rambler brand. No issues with them. We'd used the Max-Air on the MH and the Ramblers seem to work just as well. We leave ours open year-round and you will get some dust and pollen that comes in, but it's worth it to not have a musty smell or issues with moisture build-up.

charlie51

Thanks for the input. I was thinking Max Air might be a little better product. I actually looked at both in person and the Max Air has the little screen inside where as the Rambler didn't. I think TxBobcat answered another question I had about pulling down the road with them open. I was wondering if that was o.k. or if it would be better to close the vents when traveling even though you have the vent covers.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Charlie51,

I have traveled for years with my vents open under the maxxair covers. Especially in the summer to help relieve the temps in the coach. Never had a problem, even while traveling through rain.

Keith

JohnDar

An additional note on the covers is that you can still get bugs and small debris collecting on the interior screen of the vent opening. You can try stuffing foam around the base of the cover, but whether or not it stays put is another story. On the 3670 covers I installed, I used the hinged brackets for the standard covers to make opening for cleaning easier. The large one for the Fantastic Fan does not have hinged brackets available, but I believe the interior screen can be removed easily from inside the trailer. When leaving the rig unoccupied or stored during the warmer months, you can leave the standard vents open a bit to help relieve some of the heat build-up.

Tom of Ypsi

On the fantastic fan there is a replacement screen that just pops in. Remove the screws on the current vent from inside and put up the new vent, it covers the holes and is easy to clean. Camping World sells the vents for around $10 per vent.

JohnDar

On the fantastic fan there is a replacement screen that just pops in. Remove the screws on the current vent from inside and put up the new vent, it covers the holes and is easy to clean. Camping World sells the vents for around $10 per vent.

Another item to put on the "Gotta Get" list.

charlie51

Think I'll go with a couple of the Max Air vents. It gets awfully hot inside in the summer time when not in use. Thanks everyone.

Boca_Shuffles

I've used my Max-Air vents on my trailer from SOB. Works great traveling down the road or stationary. My only suggestion is that you get one of the opaque or smoke colored ones for the bedroom. My clear unit seems to really catch the sunrise light and funnel it into the bedroom. Just a thought.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And remember the vent opening faces the rear so rain doesn't blow in it while moving.

Hart

We have the smoke Maxxair vents & really like them. Have had Ramble vents on previous TT. They were fine but I think the warranty on Maxxair may be better.