Splitter in antenna line

ralphpam

Does anyone know where the splitter is in the antenna line in a 3670 RL ? I would like to remove it so i could run my sat. receiver to the bedroom tv through that line.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ralph, good question. I wish I knew. But on the up side, I just got done putting a line for satellite to both the LR and Br. So I know it can be done. I hope you are referring to a line to two receivers. I traced the RG-6, I should say chased the RG-6, front to back, and never did figure out why they did what they did when wiring the coach. Well that's behind me now. So.............what I did was a little re wiring. I am not sure how the new ones are wired, but I cut one white GR-6 cable that comes from, I think a splitter in the rear, and goes to the bedroom. That cable can be found behind the bulkhead in a plastic wire loom that goes to the front. I then put a new connector on the end that heads toward the front and put a barrel connector on it. I then ran a peace of RG-6 to the UDC and disconected a cable that was not being used. Wala, satellite to both tv's. Or, if you are going to watch the same program on both tv's, look in the cabinet where your DVD player is. There may be a jack there. I believe that one goes to the bedroom. I attached a couple of pics, of what I did. I don't know if they will help you or not

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC04262.JPG
    DSC04262.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC04264.JPG
    DSC04264.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC04265.JPG
    DSC04265.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC04272.JPG
    DSC04272.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 83

slb714

Is it possible to get a wiring diagram for any unit, I have a 2009 3914 cyclone, and have 2 sat. connection going into it, not sure which goes where?? thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ralph
If your trailer is wired like mine, I had a cable running from the living room to the bed room labeled sat. No splitter. I have a cable running from the bedroom to the living room that works with the outside antenna and cable tv cable in the UDC. There is a splitter in this line. Check around the booster in the bedroom. Take the booster out and look at the cable running from it.

What I did, with Terry's help, was find the Sat cable that ran from the LR to the BR. I cut it and put a connector on the cable now running in both directions. I tied off the one that goes to the LR. I put a coupler on the one going to the bedroom and added a 6ft cable to the UDC, where I disconnected the cable in the ceiling for the roof sat over the bedroom. This gave me a direct connect from the UDC to the BR and a cable from the UDC to the LR. Now I can run a cable from a dual LNB to a receiver in each the BR and LR.

If I ever need a cable to the roof I just put another connector in the UDC and if I want to connect to the Sat in the LR I just connect to the tied off one in the basement.

Works for me..
BC

Mike Aplin

If you could please provide me with your serial # (VIN) and also a phone number, I will try to have a person walk you through this or to answer as many of your questions as possible. Thank you.

bunnie1203

could you also help me with mine? I cannot figure out how to watch a movie in the br from the lr dvd player
where can i find the vin#

ralphpam

Mike thank you for your offer of help. I did figure out that if I turned off the antenna boost I could then back feed the sat. signal to the bedroom tv and get an acceptable signal. I am still going to try and remove splitters to improve the picture. I used a AB switch so I could easily switch from antenna to satellite feed.

jbeletti

Bunnie,

The VIN can be found on a couple places:

1. Bill of Sale from your dealer
  2. Vehicle Registration and Title
  3. Stamping on the 5th wheel pin box
  4. Decal on the off-door-side of coach, very near the front
  5. Possible on a yellow decal on the hinge side of your entrance door frame
Jim