Amp to Air Card/Phone

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I was given a Wilson Direct Connect Amp, Model # 811101. Does anyone know if there is an adapter cable available to connect to a Huawei Air Card, Model EC168? According to Wilson's website, there are no air cards listed for this manufacturer! :confused: OK! (And trying to communicate with Wilson via email questions about such answer has proven to be utterly impossible.)

Even if I have to go with the 'stick-on' type of adapter cable, it may work for now, but I haven't found that type for the Wilson amp either. My reception is slim to none at my current campground, but if I drive out a little ways - I got it.

Also - anyone know if there is any type of booster that is compatible with the Apple iPhone - other than the 'stick-on' type of adapter cable?

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
I was given a Wilson Direct Connect Amp, Model # 811101. Does anyone know if there is an adapter cable available to connect to a Huawei Air Card, Model EC168?
even with the adapter cable that bobcat linked you to, you may struggle.

the EC168 is probably from alltel, right?

alltel is dual band in most places, and where they are not dual band, they are typically on the higher 1900Mhz band.

but the 811101 amp you got is a single band 800Mhz, typically sold for use with cell phones, not data devices like the alltel EC168

the amp should work in some places, but it won't work in all.

better wilson amp choice is the dual band 811201

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Thanks, guys. Yes - Alltel for my air card. I think I'll get one of those cables. I also have a Cyfer amp. Maybe I can connect it to it as well. Plan is to have an amp in the truck and one in the Cyclone.

Alex - How about the iBooster? Coming in June? With the speaker and mic located on the bottom of the iPhone, I'm wondering how well they function when using this?

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
Thanks, guys. Yes - Alltel for my air card. I think I'll get one of those cables. I also have a Cyfer amp. Maybe I can connect it to it as well. Plan is to have an amp in the truck and one in the Cyclone.
Alex - How about the iBooster? Coming in June? With the speaker and mic located on the bottom of the iPhone, I'm wondering how well they function when using this?
Most cyfre amps use a "TNC" connector. our adapter cables do not use TNC so you will need a connector to convert from FME that we use, to TNC on cyfre.

We demonstrated the iBooster at theRally in NM, but i don't recall testing speaker/mic. Our review of the iBooster shows several photos:

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2734/64/

...but I don't own an iPhone, and can't recall where the speaker is at. My coworker Maureen has our advance unit and owns an iPhone -- i'll ask her if the iBooster affects mic/speaker.

edit: i asked maureen and she confirms that iBooster does NOT affect use of mic/speaker and in fact the ibooster has an opening at the bottom of it for speaker.

Last edited: