30 amp cord

bobjoan

We have a 2009 North Trail 26RK 5th Wheel and have extreme difficulty returning the 30 amp cord back into storage. The opening is about 4" around on the back of the unit.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I used to have the same type of problem with a travel trailer I had in the past. Especially when temps were cooler. For a while I was able to do it by twisting the cord as I pushed it into the hole. This caused it to sort of self coil inside. I finally made the inner box larger to accommodate the cord better. I was only able to do this because access was available through a base cabinet. Hope this helps a bit.

grizzlygiant

Remove the existing cord and replace it with a Marinco recepticle and put a matching plug on the cord you removed. This is the way the 2010 models are equipt.

boatdoc

Remove the existing cord and replace it with a Marinco recepticle and put a matching plug on the cord you removed. This is the way the 2010 models are equipt.

That's what I did on a Cougar we had years ago!! The best thing I ever did on it. Real easy to do and I believe over on RV net someone may have pics to do it. Go over there and do a search or start a thread on what you want to do. You'll get several replys.