Options and Second A/C question

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I keep seeing "options" on 5vers that I don't see listed on any factory options sheet?

How can I get a list of what IS AVAILABLE as an option at least for the Eagle Ridge series?

We are hot-blooded couple so we definitely want the second A/C for the bedroom: What BTU is it and it is of course "non-ducted" correct?

I know if it is sized too big it will not cycle well enough to do a good job. How do you calculate the size for the space to optimally size this accessory?

We are waiting for our local dealer to inventory a 34RLSA to look at.

As a comment for you on the 34QSRL: The kitchen island in our opinions a little too constraining. (The only down-side to that floor plan in our opinion. (Deal-Killer)) Loved the idea of the plan but the space was too confining in-between the stove area and the island. We are small people also by the way. If you could somehow manage to downsize the island or kick-out the dining area to make the space in-between larger you would have a better "working" floor plan. my .02

Last edited:
B

bwwalczak

Great questions, I am sure that I can clear these up.

Eagle Ridge has the most standard features of any 5th wheel on the market. Plus we have a couple of options which some folks may require. These options include:

Generator Prep $703
Electric Awning $573 (in place of standard manual awning)
Electric Rear Jacks $493 (in place of standard manual rear jacks)
Toyloc $109 (18' cable on exterior to secure bikes, furniture, etc)

Booth Dinette $145 (in place of 4 chairs and free standing table)
Electric fireplace $667 (on select models, 34RLSA, 34QSRL)
2nd A/C $1088 (13,500btu in bedroom, non ducted / in addition to the 15,000btu ducted standard A/C in living room / kithen area)
Dual Pane Windows $1,733

The Eagle Ridge Pinnacle Travel Features, Eagle Ridge Comfort Living Features, and Eagle Ridge Entertain in Style features all come as standard equiptment.

Air Conditioners come in primarily 2 sizes 13,500btu and 15,000btu. The smaller is commonly used in bedroom areas on all major manufactured 5th wheels as an option.

The 34RLSA (Rear Living Side Aisle) is one of our most popular layouts due to the "hallway" by the bathroom, plus the common living room configuration.

The 34QSRL with the wrap around countertop offers much more countertop space, and is most similar to the Bighorn 3670, Bighorn's popular layout. Same size opening, but we appreciate the input.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have more ideas. I am convinced that the Eagle Ridge is the best value 5th wheel available on the market right now. (they don't just pay me to say that, I have to make it happen!!!)

bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Thank you Bryan. We have had second thoughts regarding the wrap-around island and will be going to look at this model once more when our local dealer gets another one in. We are thinking it may have been a "perceived" issue rather than reality. We would love to go up to the luxury series "Landmark" but have swapped enough tow vehicles.... (We only have a 2500HD)

I will indeed be contacting you down the road before we order our Eagle Ridge unit. (We only just took delivery of our North Trail 28RLS in October 2008)