Spacing between tires

khd995

I was looking at putting maxxis tire on my trailer and noticed that the maxxis tires are slightly larger diameter than the china bombs. I think it would make my bal chocks useless. How close between the wheels is two close.

Is anyone running maxxis tires and if so what kind of clearance to you have between tires, and what do you use for chocks.

grizzlygiant

Yes, I put G614's on my Sundance and on my Bighorn. They will fit but the space between will not allow the use of a BAL chock. I bought another brand which is OK but not a BAL.

Niles

We have a BH 3670 and have G614's on it, the wheel spacing is 2 1/2". The BAL chocks would not work from the get go. We just received our roto-chocks last week. They are custom fit so tho speak, call Paula with your wheel spacing and bang, your in business. Only had the change to use them this last weekend and I like them, little higher than the BAL chocks though.

jnbhobe

I don't think there is a minium spacing.My last unit was so close the only thing I could use was roto-cock. And glad I did, they work great.I think closer makes easier turning with less scrubing of the tires. And maybe wider spacing may give a little more stability. Just a thought !! JON ;) ;) ;)

jddugan

Here's the other side of the coin. I have a 2010 Bighorn 3600RL with the G614's. I am using the BAL chocks without any problems at all. They slide right in. Strange how many different things can happen to the same models.