Arkansas August Rally

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
It's that time again folks, Last year for those who made the trip enjoyed the views of Pettie Jean Mountain State Park, and just as we thought it can't get better we have made reservations for the Arkansas Chapter Heartland rally to meet in the historic city of Mountain View Arkansas, know for it's being called the Folk Center of the U.S. . This city is loaded with all types of entertainment and things to see and do, how about a couple of talented 11 and 14 year old fiddle players for entertainment and lots more. not to mention different varieties of foods as well as some good ole fashion foot tappin music. So get ready to have some fun and come on down, Hey neighbors you have a special invitation too, so bring your rigs and make yourselves at home.
"Rally dates are set for August 6-8"
For reservations call Ozark RV Park at 1-866-OZARKRV (1-866-692-7578)
Full hook-ups with 50-Amp service cable and wfi.
Call as soon as possible, as spaces are expected to go quickly, our on the scene contact will be the Big Horn dude and dudette themselves (Bill and Janice)
Looking forward to seeing y'all there:D.
Mike and Betty

Last edited:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
What are the dates for the rally in Aug? We just got home from Petit Jean and loved it. I have family all over Ar. including the Mt Home area. Depending on the date we will try to make it.

Arkansas1

Sorry about that just checking to see if you caught that......
Rally dates are August 6-8 checking out on Aug.9

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
This is the Big Horn dude (Bill). Like Mike said, if you like folk music and seeing lots of talent, then come to the rally. Ozark Folk Center State Park is right next door and you can walk to the shows and gain access to the park grounds. See all kinds of free music played around the court square. Lots of good places to dine. Mountain View is a whole different world, layed back and relaxed, a great place to have fun. We have been coming here for the past 8 yrs and love it more each year. I now work camp here at the park, so come on and make those reservations. If Mike and Betty can't answer your questions you can contact me.
Hope to see you in Aug.

Razorback

Count us in

We are excited about this chance to go to our first Heartland Rally in Arkansas and I will make our reservations this week.

bsummit

Welcome razorback, I'm really looking forward having everybody gather here at the Park. I know we will all have a great time.
Bill

bsummit

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
My wife and I spent a few days in Mountainview last year and have to say it is a really nice place. But I will NEVER stay at Ozark RV park again. My wife and I arrived there just before noon on a Saturday. There were only three sites in the lot by the road with campers in them out of approx. twenty or thirty sites (do not remember the exact total number of sites). The man checking us in said we could pick whatever site we wanted, he even walked outside with us as we chose a site. So we go inside, pay for four days and go park the 5'er in our site. After two hours in the hot sun getting everything setup the way we like it, out he walks and tells us we have to move to another site because that one is reserved for someone coming in Monday morning. I look around at all the open sites and just stare at him a minute. All that sweat that I was covered in was now turning to steam. If you have been to Ozark RV before then you know there is hardly any difference in the sites by the road at all. I asked why the ones coming in Monday just could not use another site. I only made the fourth camper in that front area, not like it was going to be crowded. He went to call the owner and came back and said I still had to move. We were on our way to ABC in Branson after that so I called them to see if we could come on up that day and just skip Mountainview. If I had to take down and setup again I just as soon do it in Branson. They could not take us that Saturday since they were full but could take us on Tuesday which was a day earlier than planned. So still boiling in the hot sun, I spent another 45 minutes tearing down and another almost two hours setting up in another site. My wife and I missed some things we had planned that Saturday evening thanks to Ozark RV Park. Now to top it off, he had told us that site we were on first would be occupied first thing Monday morning. We left Tuesday before noon and that site was still EMPTY.

If you get a chance, Mountainview has an old-fashioned drive in threater on the edge of town. It is nothing new or fancy, just an old drive-in, but was nice to throw our lawn chairs up in the back of the truck, sit the speaker on the bed rail and eat popcorn from the original snack bar they still use as we watched the movie. Brought back a lot of old memories.

Arkansas1

Quick Reminder,
bsummit, informs me that the 50 amp sites are going quick, please make your resevations! You may also call Bsummit, for more information.

bsummit

If the one's who have said they were coming to the rally have called and made reservations there should be 4 50 amp sites left, that is if non rally people have not made any reservations. If more show up we still have 30 amp sites left, you just won't be close to the rest of us. So come on and make those calls.
Bill

rgirouard

Ozark RV Park

So sorry to hear about your problems with the park. That is very unusual. I have stayed there for a month the last four years and it is a great park and we just love. Of course, we prefer the back section with all the trees (only drawback is the 30 amp service.
You should give it one more try.

Roger Girouard
BH3610 as of 6/10/2009
2003 Dodge Dually w/Cummins

Arkansas1

OK, Fellow Arkansans!
Time is getting closer for the August gathering, so if you have not made your reservations please do so, we should have a very busy and fun time at Mountain View, with great food and live music. We will also be discussing and needing some member input on a "fall" out of state campout that we are looking for in October in our neighboring state of Missouri at the Coachlight RV Park in Carthage Mo.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Mike and Betty

Arkansas1

Hey Ray,
We would love to have you guys stop by and enjoy, but I understand maybe on the next Rally!
Safe Travels,
Mike

bsummit

Mike and Betty, are you guys going to get a chance to come down to the park and check things out before the rally? I'm not there this week but will be back at the park on the 26th in the afternoon.
Bill

Arkansas1

Hey Bill,
We are going to go and look the place over we may just wait if possible to go when you are there.
Thanks,
Mike

rgirouard

Hey Bill,
Had a change in plans and we will be at the Ozark Rally. But, we will be on our special lot (26) under the trees. Looking forward to meeting the Bighorn folks. Have had mine now since Jun 10 and love it. A few probs but they will be repaired.

Rog

This is the Big Horn dude (Bill). Like Mike said, if you like folk music and seeing lots of talent, then come to the rally. Ozark Folk Center State Park is right next door and you can walk to the shows and gain access to the park grounds. See all kinds of free music played around the court square. Lots of good places to dine. Mountain View is a whole different world, layed back and relaxed, a great place to have fun. We have been coming here for the past 8 yrs and love it more each year. I now work camp here at the park, so come on and make those reservations. If Mike and Betty can't answer your questions you can contact me.
Hope to see you in Aug.