Generator Problems

Generator problems

I had an Onan 5500KW LPG installed by the dealer when purchased so we could use it dry camping. The first time we used it started tripping the 20-amp breaker on the Generator, and then it started shouting down the generator all together, the propane bottle was iced up and the bottle was 7.5 gal.
I was in Yuma, Az. and I took it to the Onan dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong with the generator and it was running smooth with no load we figured out that I was using about 30 to 33 amps X120 equal just under 4000kw.
They suggested I go next door and talk to propane distributor and see what they thought I told them my problem and they said if the bottle freeze or form ice on them it probably not getting enough propane and the generator is starving for fuel or maybe the tanks are to small.
Then in the CRA campground Yuma, I talked to an engineer from Canada who had the same problem and he put large lines on the unit to get more fuel.
I returned home and the dealer couldn't find any problem with it and they were supposedly tried to duplicate the scenario and nothing happened to the generator?
Has anyone had this problem and what was your fix??
Sonny
:(

Last edited:
A bit More info!
I was look on the web for some information on LGP and fuel consumption in generator I found this on the Yamaha web site. It talks about the volume in different size cylinders, BTU consumption of Hp engines and ambient temperature, Talks about why a LPG cylinder will freeze/Ice up. It also brings up a couple of questions in my mind.
1. It doesn’t talk diameter of supply lines? Somewhere I read ½“ lines?
2. I went to the tee check/pig tail set up? But on the bighorn is setup for only one supply line at a time, if I change it would effect the other appliance.
3. Makes me wonder what the regulator is doing? I’m assuming its for when the vapor level is high
Here is the link if interested:
http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-gas-generators.com/fuel_consumption.htm

What is your take on this?
Sonny