hot water lite up

yippi

NFL Fans
we are going to a park with no power for the first time ..i'm trying to lit the hot water with gas ..it will not lite ..i turn on the switch and nothing happens ..I have a 3670 Bighorn.. do i still have to turn on the heater switch in the trailer if i have no power..thank you Ron:mad:

Dragoon

we are going to a park with no power for the first time ..i'm trying to lit the hot water with gas ..it will not lite ..i turn on the switch and nothing happens ..I have a 3670 Bighorn.. do i still have to turn on the heater switch in the trailer if i have no power..thank you Ron:mad:

Do you have your propane on? If so, does your stove light? You need to turn on the switch on your "levels" monitor. This is not the same one you use for electric hot water and it's not the one you use for the water pump. Others will add other thoughts. Hopes this helps...

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
If you just turned on the gas it takes awhile for it to travel through The lines. I usually turn it on earlier than I want and let the lines fill,the first thing I try is the stove. If it will light usually everything else will work. Hope this helps. By the way you don't need to turn on the red water heater switch unless you are going to use electricity.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the gas is on and the stove works, and you've turned on the little switch on the monitor panel...and it still don't work, take a look at the back side of the water heater. There is an electronic module that is "secured" to the foam jacket by a piece of stick-to-nothing tape. If the plug has popped loose from the module, stick it back in and the W/H "should" work.

rvtech

with propane on 1st thing to do is lite the stove on all burners.Reason for this is usually done the 1st time you start any appliance,as I've told all my people during a walkthru when they first buy their unit. Using a long lighter even though you have a (self ignitor/sparker)Because of AIR IN THE PROPANE LINES using a long lighter, as with all the air in the lines will prematurely wear out your ignitor/sparker.Light all burners. Doing so ,makes it easier for all other appliances to light easier.:NOTE:NOTE:
ALL 3 PROPANE APPLIANCES::Furnace/Refrigerator/WATER HEATER/:Try to light 3 times.and if they DO NOT LIGHT!They will go into a lock out mode for the PROPANE MODE ONLY!ONLY!NOT ELECTRIC MODE"just to be clear"The Fridge CHECK LIGHT will come on/The Furnace will completely shut off/And the WATER HEATER has a light to the left of the switch on the monitor panel that will lite up & go out when it lights,BUT,WILL come back on and stay on if water heater doesn't light with in the 3 times..ON ALL APPLIANCES!!simply turn off for about 5-10 seconds and turn back on,and they will try to light 3 more times.Even lighting stove first still may not get all air out of system & may have to repeat steps to exhaust all air out of the systems!
thanks JOE-RV TECH in Hancock county,Ohio