Apollo microwave

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
A couple weeks ago we took the BH down to Canton TX for a few days and while the DW was preparing supper (because it was raining and I couldn't cook outside) she tried to get something out of the microwave but the door wouldn't open. I had to pry the door open so that the food inside wouldn't spoil and stink up the place. After that we didn't dare try to use it. I called the dealer and explained things to them and they said for me to bring the rig to them so they could check it out. They agreed for me to bring the microwave to them and they would take care of it. They called today and said it was covered under the extended warranty and the new unit would be here early next week. Apparently the mechanism that opens the door somehow broke or otherwise fell out of it's required place and that was the problem. So, all is well now and when I get it installed we'll be good to go.

khd995

Same thing happened to me. To my knowledge I didn't have an extended warranty to cover it. So I took it to a small appliance shop and they fixed it(for about a month). Only cost about as much as a new one to get it fixed. After it crapped out again. I went to target found a sharp carasouel that fit into the same hole using the original trim ring and was the same color. Mounted it and now I have a microwave that is actually larger (inside) and works better than the original.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
khd995, what model of microwave form sharp did you use? It might be handy info to have in case the replacement oven craps out.

khd995

I was wrong. It is a GE Model JES1139BL01.
Basically I went out to Wal-mart, Target, any place that had microwaves, took a tape measure and found one that fit. Then built a new mount and now I have a better micowave and it didn't cost as much as a new apolla rv microwave.