RVQ grill bracket mounting

rich300

I kept my RVQ grill from my old unit and want to use it on my new 2008 NT 28BHS. I have the gas connections figured out. How can I tell exactly where to mount the bracket? Does someone have a schematic that would help me?

Rich

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Hello Rich,

Check out the below link to this forum also: it is the Heartland North Trail forum and their is a factory brand manager there and a load or experience and helpful people there particular to North Trail!

You will get an answer believe me!!! GREAT PEOPLE!

http://www.northtrailtalk.com/

Hi all
Not sure I'm where I need to be to ask a question but this is in regard to the RVQ grill. We just picked up our new North Trail 21FBS and while it is only in our yard we have thoroughly enjoyed exploring and getting familiar with everything today. We are first time camper owners and are thrilled. However, for whatever reason we cannot keep the grill on the bracket .. not even for 2 seconds. It falls off and has already put a nick in are decal. I have never seen a picture of what the grill and bracket are suppose to look like to even know if we were given the correct bracket to the grill. Now I'm usually pretty mechanically inclined but this has be whipped. Can someone supply me with an up close and personal look at the grill and bracket please? Am I the only doofus out there that can't even mount the grill let alone use it? LOL! Thanks for any help you may offer.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hi all
Not sure I'm where I need to be to ask a question but this is in regard to the RVQ grill. We just picked up our new North Trail 21FBS and while it is only in our yard we have thoroughly enjoyed exploring and getting familiar with everything today. We are first time camper owners and are thrilled. However, for whatever reason we cannot keep the grill on the bracket .. not even for 2 seconds. It falls off and has already put a nick in are decal. I have never seen a picture of what the grill and bracket are suppose to look like to even know if we were given the correct bracket to the grill. Now I'm usually pretty mechanically inclined but this has be whipped. Can someone supply me with an up close and personal look at the grill and bracket please? Am I the only doofus out there that can't even mount the grill let alone use it? LOL! Thanks for any help you may offer.

Wannabee,

Do you have the Original RVQ or the RVQ II? Here are pics of the brackets (link). The extruded mounting bracket (link) should be mounted so there is a lip on the top facing out. (The picture is showing the side that should be against the trailer.) Tilt the grill bracket (easier without the grill) so top crossbar hangs in/on the lip. Place the grill in its bracket and hook up the gas. Should be good to go.

Our first 5er had and original RVQ installed and the techs hung our extruded bracket backwards that's why I'm not snickering out yours falling off!! :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.