Speakers hooked up wrong

mabyrnes

Just got our new 3010 toy hauler. Great camper! But when trying it out last week we discovered that the speakers on the sound system were hooked up wrong. The outside speakers are connected to the inside rear speakers jacks, which means the outside speakers are always on if you are watching TV, which other campers may not appreciate. To correct this I will have to removed the head unit in order to get at the speaker jacks. Will this void my warranty?

bigredtruck

We still haven't figured out our speakers fully. we do know how to turn the outside ones off using the stereo unit, only because we have a neighbour who is a stereo installer. We haven't figured out how to turn the inside ones off when we want music outside though, so we pull 2 fuses. Maybe one day when we feel curious enough, we will figure it out.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Use the fader on the system. Left is outside. Put it all the way right to keep the neighbors happy.

FJ

davelinde

our dealer was also clueless on the speakers...

If yours is like ours the outside speakers are in a "zone" and in fact they did seem to be on when I wanted them off. While using the fader works, I found I could disable mine using the option for the internal amp = off on my head end. Good luck! Each time I sit in front of that system I need to re-think/re-learn it... it's not intuitive (to me at least)

rtataryn

I just tried mine - Same unit as yours - new 3010. Fader works for controlling outdoor speakers.

porthole

Retired
Had my radio out the other day to add an iPod cable and wired remote.

There is an unused sub woofer line out on the radio, too bad the amp doesn't have a separate "sub in".

The way it is hooked up now the sub woofer is running off the left side front speakers inputs.

Using the "sub out" would clean up the sound a bit.

Maybe I'll put the Rockford Fosgate that his been sitting in my basement for three trucks ago to good use now :D

R.Pratt

After we picked up our 3850 i noticed the sound was not good at all and did just as most of you did, i removed the head unit and looked at all the wiring,
the outside speakers are full range rear fader controlled from the head unit
the inside are all 4 wired to the amp, but what i did was remove the added line out splitter and connected it to the sub out on the unit, then on the jensen amp it was bridged as channel 3 & 4 so i retuned the crossover on the bottom to pull the bass from the house speakers and pulled the highs from the sub (just as extra since it was a sub pre out on the head unit) and now the system sounds great and gives me the option to turn off the sub at the head unit for those quiet hours that people dont want to listen to the "thump"

gramps20

I would like to know how to shut off outside speakers thru the stereo. or some other way. I have the jensen with the dvd player that shows on the tv and need to know to shut off.