Exterior Cleaning and Protection

Markayal

What is the chemical to use to shine up the exterior of my Bighorn. Some have recommended 303 aerospace protectant. Is that a good product to use on the entire R?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wouldn't use it on the whole RV. It's intended use is rubber, plastic and vinyl protection from UV. It won't hurt either it's pretty expensive stuff though and I use it for tires and my tonneau cover. I use Nufinish on the RV. I still have signs of fading on the front & rear caps. Probably because I don't use it often enough.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Voom works well for cleaning it does great on black streaks. Protect All is a spray
on type wax that fights uv rays and it shines good also. If your rv dealer dosn't
have it you can get it from Camping World.

Good Luck, Mike

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I've used the 303 on whole rigs, but I was a dealer then so the cost was better. :) Fiberglass gel coat is a recommended application. If you decide to use it, do not put it on in the sun and you'll need to do small sections and buff well.
Now that I have to pay retail, we use 303 on the decals, then 3M Marine wax on the body. It seems to go on and off pretty well and doesn't yellow. Because of where the trailer sits in our yard when stored, I'm going to use 303 on the entire back cap this summer. And of course, tires and trim. I've used it for over 15 years and have always had good luck with it.
303 also makes a product called Fabric Guard that I'm pretty hooked on as well. I sprayed all the upholstery when we brought the rig home. I have a curtain hanging on a gazebo in the back yard that I treated. After 2 summers of intense northern California sun and wet winters, no fading or falling apart yet.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
What is the factory recommended cleaning solution for the standard exterior then the Gel coated exterior? Is there a difference? Is there specific cleaning products that never be used on either?

WE ALL LIKE TO LOOK SHINY AND NEW!:D