Confusion on my model of Bighorn

terawatt

Hi all,

I am a new member as I just purchased my Bighorn 3200RL today (4/29). At least I thought I purchased a 3200. All the dealership paperwork says it is, however, the coach doesn't even come close to matching the floorplan. Could someone please look at these pictures and tell me what I just bought. :)

More pictures are located at www.edhannonrv.com under 'new inventory' => 'fifth wheels' => 'Heartland'

Thanks,

Ryan

Attachments

• 1062 03_small.JPG
    1062 03_small.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 1062 04_small.JPG
    1062 04_small.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 1062 05_small.JPG
    1062 05_small.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 1062 07_small.JPG
    1062 07_small.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 1062 08_small.JPG
    1062 08_small.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 208

HTWT

HTWT
Ryan,

The vin your dealer advertised is 1H9GF35246E459593, if this is correct, I’ll almost bet as soon as the factory answers this you’ll have your info, but, here is my 2 cents worth.

The floor plan looks exactly like an early model 3500, it’s still called a 2006. In the first brochure Heartland published the 3200 model kitchen & living room were reversed from what your pictures show. Looking back at the vin you may have the 593rd unit made, again if the vin is correct. Check your paperwork and the coach itself (sorry, mine is not in the driveway or I’d look where the #’s are for you). Someone with more knowledge on this should chime in here.

I have the original brochure in pdf format if you wish. I tried to post it here but as usual I don't know how to do that, think it's too big.

In any case, in answer to your question, Could someone please look at these pictures and tell me what I just bought. :) My answer is a nice looking unit! None

HTWT

terawatt

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking it was a 3500 as well. Curious why the dealer would sell it as a 3200. The advertised VIN is indeed the same one on the paperwork from the dealer. I don't actually pick up my unit until Saturday, so I can't check what is on the unit..........never really occured to me to verify them. The description on the paperwork is a 'New 2006 Heartland 3200RL'

phranc

There's one for the books .. Looked at my old floorplan brochure and ,yes , VIN 593 is a 3500RL, early 2006.......Terawatt, I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to check and make sure vin on RV matches paperwork..
Of course, here's the question , did Hannon sell you the unit at a 3200 price or a 3500 price ? And are you happy with the longer Trailer ??
Sure is a nice looking unit!!!!

terawatt

Thanks Phranc,

I will definately check the VIN on the coach.

It is a really nice unit. After looking for months, I knew this was the right unit for me as soon as I saw it. As far as the price, I am pretty sure, from what I can gather on the Internet and NADA, that I paid a 3500 price. It was just under $49K after 7 year warranty and Perma Plate protection. It was mostly a cash deal with a small amount of financing.......not a screaming deal, but appears to be fair.

Hannon must just have an error in their paperwork. Now that I have more certainty of the model, I can make sure this error is corrected before I take delivery next weekend. Thank you.

Paul & Nan

With the exception of no fireplace, no wall mounted table between the chairs, and night stands either side of bed this looks just like our early 06 3500RL.

Nan

06 BH 3500RL
03 Chevy 2500 Duramax 4x4
runnig ham N9IX on echolink

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Vin number

Funny that this came up here. We had our Bighorn 3500RL in for some warranty repairs and the dealer was having all sorts of trouble ordering parts for some reason. Long story short, the VIN number on the trailer is wrong, paperwork is right, Heartland had to send us new paperwork to show the descrepencies from the tag on the trailer to the license registration.

Anyway, I can vouch that the pictures of the so-called "3200" are indeed an early 3500RL without the island.

Scott

It IS a 3500

This is Scott. Those photos are, without a doubt, the 3500RL Bighorn. It is quite a bit larger than than the 3200RL (which is no longer in our floorplan lineup - but we did used to build a lot of...) -with a wide open interior.

I'm sure that it was just a mix up on the dealer's part as to which floorplan model he had.

FYI: Regarding the unit that had the wrong digit in the VIN# - there is a system that calculates certain digits in the VIN numbers. And, yes, there were some coaches from a while back that had this digit wrong on the paperwork or stamped in the chassis. It was caught when the owners went to title their trailer and upon inspection, the VIN stamped into the framed had a digit different than the paperwork - and we had to issue a letter from the Mfg. so that it would not be a problem in the future.

ST

terawatt

Thanks all for the replies. I did talk with the dealer today and they verified that they made a mistake on the paperwork and will correct it. They did want to charge me more money saying that the sold me a 3500 at a 3200 price, but I nipped that in the bud quickly.

Thanks again.

Glad you got your answer and good for you for sticking to your guns on the price. Their mistake not yours so why should you be punished, and anyway we all know the dealer is still making some money. Hope everything goes well with the pick up on Saturday.:) Remember take your pencil eraser along to erase all the pencil marks they make when they are tyring to put the border on straight and still miss even with the guides there:rolleyes: