Grandparents

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now first time grandparents and loving it. Olevia Grace born May 1,2009. As soon as she is a little older she will be on her first camping in the bighorn. Might as well start her young

SmokeyBare

Congratulations to the Parents... and of course the Grandparents !!

Our BigHorn has been Grandkid tested... Every door that opened... every drawer that opened... every moving part they could move... You'll love watching them explore yours as well. Have FUN watching Little Olevia Grace grow.

Marv

gmc

thanks we are looking forward to all of the above

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
CONGRATULATIONS! The fun is just beginning! I ride my son all the time telling him that the only down-side to grandchildren is that you have to have children first!!!! LOL!

Enjoy!!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congratulations! Another great thing about being a grandparent, actually there are a lot of good things but, the number 1 good thing is the ability to spoil the heck out of them and then give them back to Mom & Dad.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Amen to that! We went from no grand children to 5 in 3 years :eek:, the last being our first grand daughter:cool:. Have promised to spoil all of them, and loving it.

Congratulations to all.None

gmc

thank you. we just added an avatar,she even looks smaller in it . 6 lbs 10oz, 18 "

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congrats to you on your grandchild! We have three grandsons, ages12, 9 and 1. The two older ones are stress-testing Memaw and Pepaw this weekend and straining everything in the trailer this weekend.

talley

Congratulations!!! Take lots of pictures... get a digital picture frame and hang it in the coach! We have seven of them (grandchildren):D and it is a pleasure watching them grow and develop their own little personalities... and they will. Then when the "personalities" get too strong and overwhelming... call in the parents :)- hitch up the coach and go on a tripNone... best of both worlds!!!!

Jerry & Diane

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Congratulations on the new grandaughter. Enjoy her now,they grow up so fast. We have 7, youngest was 4 yesterday, two 18yr olds graduate next month. You'll love every minute. JON & PATTI None None None

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Congratulations! Grandchildren are such a joy! (Plus, you can give them back when you get tired:D). We expecting our 6th literally any time in the next 24 hours.

buckeyebob

grandchildren

congradulations!!!!!!!we have a 10,and 6 year old grandaughter,and six month old set of twins,boy and girl!!we have been asked to accompany the twins and their parents on an alaskan cruise in july,as theyneed some help with babysitting duties!!this will definately be an adventure,and alaska will be cool too!!this is our first cruise,we have been mostly rvers for 34 years.we took the older girls and they were a lot of fun,but you have to provide entertainment or they get bored easily. buckeyebob.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
we have been asked to accompany the twins and their parents on an alaskan cruise in july,as theyneed some help with babysitting duties!! buckeyebob.

Hey, Buckeybob, let us know how your crusie turns out will you. Carol and I are flying to Fairbanks the end of August and taking a two week cruise-tour. It is our first time in Alaska and we are really looking forward to it. We are going in a day early so I can take as side trip from Fairbanks to North Pole, Alaska. Being Santa Claus, I need to see what the "other" North Pole looks like.

Keith

Draco Dog

Being a grandparent. What a wonderful stage of life. Spoil the little darlings and then give them back to their parents. (That is what grandparents are for).

I have a 13 year old grandson. Yikees. A teenager. But he is so sweet. (At least so far-----tee hee.) He lives with his Dad in Indianapolis and we are on our way to visit them. Can't wait.

My daughter in Tucson has 3 sweet ones. A daughter of 6, son of 4 and a new little surprise daughter of 2 months.

Just can't wait to spoil them all and someday take them camping in our Big Horn.

So Congratulations, to all the grandparents. What a fun time of life. cheri

rjr6150

Congratulations know the feeling our first is now 13 months old and has been camping with us twice since born. He and his parents are going to spend a week with us in the Black Hills over July 4th.:)

Mariposa

grandparents, more

We loaded two grandkids into the BH, girls, 5 & 7, for a 10 day trip to San Diego, zoo, animal park, and Sea World. I had figured a day of rest between events.(Mostly for us) Those days were spent mostly in the swimming pool trying to drown PA. Not much rest. What a great time we had. Ma even did the required face painting.
Ma & Pa? It took us three days to get some much needed rest. Makes us wonder, How did we do it the first time?
Would we do it again? You Bet.
That Dodge Maga Cab worked really nice.
Mariposa
Bob

SilverRhino

Grandchildren - Hope of the Future...Joy of the Present

Our first Grandson will be one year old on the 8th.....he has been a pure joy! He accompanied Grandpa on the first trip to view the Big Country....has not gone with us yet.....but we are looking forward to it!

I feel that I am one of the luckiest people alive........I have had the pleasure and I feel privilege of taking care of my "Little Buddy" five days a week for the past 11 months... ..I would not trade those days for anything :)