Since the creation of the “Firearms and RVing” category on our HOC Forum, there have been various discussion threads started. Popular topics have included “What’s Your Favorite Carry Weapon”, “Concealed Carry Permits” and “How Necessary is a Weapon?” Continue reading “The Armed RVer – Part 1”
Hello Heartland Owners Club Members,
Summer camping season is in full swing. Have you been out with your Heartland yet this year? I hope you have.
Goshen Rally Report
This past June, Julie and I and a team of amazing volunteers put on the 10th Anniversary of the North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana. What a hoot! Continue reading “Club President’s Desk”
Hello to All!
The 10th Anniversary North American Rally in Goshen is now in the history books. If you were there I hope you had a great time and are planning to attend the next Rally in Goshen when it rolls around in 2017. Continue reading “Club Manager’s Corner”
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided in half
- ½ tbsp all natural taco seasoning, divided in half
- 1 tsp salt, divided in half
- ½ a lime, juiced
- 1 cup Mex cheese, shredded
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Non-Fat Greek yogurt & salsa for garnish
- Preheat a large deep skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil, spreading with a spatula. Add sweet potatoes, ½ tbsp cumin, ½ tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add black beans and corn. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, remaining cumin and salt, black pepper and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook covered for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Top with avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve hot with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and salsa.
Courtesy of IFOODREAL.COM
by Ann Mayer,
Heartland Highlights Recipe Reporter