- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided in half
- ½ tbsp all natural taco seasoning, divided in half
- 1 tsp salt, divided in half
- ½ a lime, juiced
- 1 cup Mex cheese, shredded
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Non-Fat Greek yogurt & salsa for garnish
- Preheat a large deep skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil, spreading with a spatula. Add sweet potatoes, ½ tbsp cumin, ½ tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add black beans and corn. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, remaining cumin and salt, black pepper and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook covered for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Top with avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve hot with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and salsa.
Courtesy of IFOODREAL.COM
by Ann Mayer,
Heartland Highlights Recipe Reporter