3160EL hitch

The dealer installed a 1.25 inch receiver hitch on my camper. They say a 2 inch hitch is not available from Bighorn? Is this correct?

danemayer

Hi Yellow,

I think Heartland only recently moved to support 2" receivers. The Heartland website shows a 2" receiver for 2020 model year Bighorns, but the 3160EL is not one of the 2020 floor plans shown. You may have an earlier model year that doesn't support a 2" receiver. It's possible that there may have been changes to the Lippert frame to allow newer trailers to support a 2" receiver. If that's the case, your Bighorn may not have those changes.

To be sure what's supported, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Oregon_Camper

On my 2015 3160EL I have mine bolted and welded to the frame. I carry my WR450 dirtbike on the back and have ~10k miles on this setup and it is rock solid. I use a rear camera (video link) to keep an eye on the bike during travels.

I built this with 2 inserts on the outside of the standard middle insert. This removes any "side to side" rocking motion with single hitch insert systems.

Capture.JPG

sengli

Look for older threads on here about the 1.25 lippert hitches. Mine on our big horn was a disaster and was so flimsy, and flexed so badly it was not safe to use for anything.

SNOKING

Look for older threads on here about the 1.25 lippert hitches. Mine on our big horn was a disaster and was so flimsy, and flexed so badly it was not safe to use for anything.

I figured out something good to use the 1.25 receiver for when parked. Chris

Attachments

• BBQ on hitch.jpg
    BBQ on hitch.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39