Considering an '18 Torque T322 - any feedback?

Trumpet01

We’re new to the forum so first off,Hello. We looked at the t322 and really like this unit. I’ll be retiring soon and will be running retriever field trials and hunt test. There will be times that we’ll be staying where there are no hook ups. We will be living in the camper three months at a time twice a year to get away from the freezing cold and the heat of summer. Any advice for this model would be appreciated. Any things to watch out for ? Thanks,Jim

jbeletti

Re: 2018 t322

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum!

I don't have a Torque, so I can't give you any feedback there, but I'm sure other Torque owners will weigh in here. Best of luck to you in your RV search and I hope you end up with a Heartland.

We’re new to the forum so first off,Hello. We looked at the t322 and really like this unit. I’ll be retiring soon and will be running retriever field trials and hunt test. There will be times that we’ll be staying where there are no hook ups. We will be living in the camper three months at a time twice a year to get away from the freezing cold and the heat of summer. Any advice for this model would be appreciated. Any things to watch out for ? Thanks,Jim

Just picked up my 2018 Torque T322 a few weeks ago so cant really give a good review on it yet, love the lay out, my 2017 Polaris General 4 fits perfectly in the garage, the only problem I have had was the "Wired for Solar", please read my thread and be sure if you intend to add solar that you have them check and double check the wires are in the proper place behind the Template/sticker.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/70501-wired-for-solar-GO-POWER?highlight=t322

torque 2018 T322.jpg

ChiefEd76

I am also considering a t322 and going to ok at one at the RV show this weekend in Elkhart. My only issue is I have a Can am Spyder and need at least an 11 or 12 foot garage. With the 2nd bathroom sticking out in the garage, will I have room to get my bike in garage? It is on and wide but don't have firm measurements of the garage.
Just picked up my 2018 Torque T322 a few weeks ago so cant really give a good review on it yet, love the lay out, my 2017 Polaris General 4 fits perfectly in the garage, the only problem I have had was the "Wired for Solar", please read my thread and be sure if you intend to add solar that you have them check and double check the wires are in the proper place behind the Template/sticker.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/70501-wired-for-solar-GO-POWER?highlight=t322

View attachment 57034

mrose

I cant remember exact measurements but you have 74-75" between the wall of the bathroom and the opposite wall, was an issue for me as well my RZR is 71". I just purchased mine but havent loaded the rzr yet. We have really enjoyed the camper so far only a couple camping trips no riding.

Mike

smp2000

Its 75" between bathroom and side wall... My 4 seat RZR is 64" and fits perfectly. Anyone looking at an aftermarket cage with rear bumper needs to be careful with the overall length. It barely fit with the 12 1/2ft garage. I had to remove the ramp patio gates for the door to close. Aside from that, its an awesome floor plan!!!

I am also considering a t322 and going to ok at one at the RV show this weekend in Elkhart. My only issue is I have a Can am Spyder and need at least an 11 or 12 foot garage. With the 2nd bathroom sticking out in the garage, will I have room to get my bike in garage? It is on and wide but don't have firm measurements of the garage.

My wife has a Spider RT. You will have 4" on either side of your front wheels when you pull forward all the way up to the forward wall, so not an issue.

I have a Honda Goldwing F6B. When we travel with both bikes, the Honda goes in first all the way to the front and my wife reverses in. We have inches to spare, but we get the ramp door closed OK.

1sglewis

Its 75" between bathroom and side wall... My 4 seat RZR is 64" and fits perfectly. Anyone looking at an aftermarket cage with rear bumper needs to be careful with the overall length. It barely fit with the 12 1/2ft garage. I had to remove the ramp patio gates for the door to close. Aside from that, its an awesome floor plan!!!

My question is; Has anyone had any mechanical issues with the T322? I live far from anywhere and would hate to make this purchase only to find out there are hidden problems before the next time I use it.

danemayer

My question is; Has anyone had any mechanical issues with the T322? I live far from anywhere and would hate to make this purchase only to find out there are hidden problems before the next time I use it.
Hi 1sglewis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You're not likely to find any RV from any manufacturer, at any price point, that won't need warranty service. The key is how warranty situations are handled by the manufacturer.

Heartland is pretty good about authorizing non-Heartland dealers, independent shops, and mobile servicers to do warranty work. It just takes prior approval from Heartland. And with some things, Heartland may agree to ship you the parts for self install.

Of course, the best way to minimize the need for post-purchase warranty work is to do a thorough pre-delivery inspection. One of our owners has published a comprehensive PDI checklist that's in this folder.

Also, you should negotiate with the sales manager together with the service manager, that if you find any issues during the first 2 or 3 days, that you can bring the trailer to the dealership for service while you wait. Then plan on staying nearby for those 2 or 3 days to work through any problems that you find.

smp2000

The only minor issue I have with mine is the cable/Sat lines do not work. The Onan 5500 generator works great but needs a deflector plate installed for hot days (100+) to prevent the intake from pulling in the hot exhaust air. We've been on five trips and everything else works as it should....

Tanzie

We looked at one today and really liked it. The only question I have is can you access the bedroom or bathroom with the slide in? There may be times we need to stop and stay the night somewhere the slide cant be open.

jimtoo

Hi Tanzie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

smp2000

We looked at one today and really liked it. The only question I have is can you access the bedroom or bathroom with the slide in? There may be times we need to stop and stay the night somewhere the slide cant be open.

No, you will need to open the slide a couple feet at a minimum to access the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The beds and bathroom in the garage may be a good alternative for those times you can't open the slide.

CarterKraft

Does anyone have any actual weights for the T322?

I saw it has a 12,800 GVW and 15" tires maybe those are typos?

I have a TQ290 with less options and have a GVW of 13,000. Not sure how the larger T322 would work real word when loaded for camping with more options (rear bath, larger fresh/black and grey tanks with larger garage, bed etc. and less overall GVW.