2011 3814 Built in October 010

trackeer

So we finally got our camper here and not sure who else may have the 3814 but would like to garner some information.

Storage under the Master Bed, our Plywood is Screwed Down, not sure but most every TH I've been on had Lift assissted Storage under the bed??
Slide Switch one to control 3 Slides, who'd a thunk it but is that the norm??

Any Information from anyone who this model would be greatly apprciated:confused:.

Thanks

Moe in NH

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I don't know about the other stuff but if your Cyclone is like our Big horn the slides are hydraulic and has one switch inside for the slides and another near the manifold (ours is located curb side front compartment) You can operate slides by closing the valves of the slides you want to leave closed.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
So we finally got our camper here and not sure who else may have the 3814 but would like to garner some information.

Don't have a 3814 but, if you don't mind, I will still chat a bit!

Storage under the Master Bed, our Plywood is Screwed Down, not sure but most every TH I've been on had Lift assissted Storage under the bed??

Our Big Country does have the lift-assisted storage under the bed that you elude to. The 3450TS BC uses an electric cable slide system on the bedroom slide. I believe this system leaves enough room under the bed for the storage area. If your bedroom slide is a hydraulic system, I don't think there is room for the storage.

Slide Switch one to control 3 Slides, who'd a thunk it but is that the norm??

Having the three switches is desirable but it seems only available on the high-end rigs or sometimes as an option. Our BC is the same, one switch runs all the slides except the cable electric bedroom. Many owners have installed a manifold that will allow you to turn on and off the slides individually if you want that capability. I admit it would be nice on occasion but overall this has not been an issue with us.

Happy Camping!

PS Our 2011 was built in September of 2009 according to the placard!

-----------

gpshemi

I agree. With the hydro bedroom slide there's probably so little room under the bed that it doesn't warrant the factory's work to install the lift and hinges. Only way to tell for sure though is to get a screw gun and undo the screws and take a peek.

porthole

Retired

As mentioned, the hydraulics take up a bit of room.
I added boards and storage to mine, but it is only 3-4 inches deep. Good for shoes and similar small items.

Last edited:

trackeer

Thanks Folks,

Yea, I think that all three of my slides are Hydro, but I do intend to see what can happen under the bed and perhaps use the space for shoe storage etc as stated. I will see if I can address the single button slide operation, as we have never owned a camper let alone one this size it remains to be seen if a single slide button is good, bad, or indifferent, but I think 3 slide buttons allows one to open and close slides as needed, like a bathroom break on the road, lunch etc.
I did not check for another slide switch, but I will look and it would make some sense to have another outside the unit, I will check and see if the valves are on there.

Thanks

Moe in NH

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Moe, it might be somewhat expensive to do a 3 button system. Its easier to just turn off the slides you dont want to move. Look in the front compartment. You will see the slide valve...it sould have 3 knobs on it. They should be marked as to what slide that knob controls.