New Buyer Elkridge 20RSKA

Hi,

3 to 6 months out from purchase.

Tow vehicle is a 6.7 F-250 diesel. short bed, super cab. pre-rigged for 5th wheel.

We'd like to use for short trips. Plus living it for extended periods in warmer climates of the winter season.

Any advice would be greatlty appreciated. It's mostly my wife and I plus one medium size dog.

How is it in cold 20-30's climates? We'd like to take some trips to colder weather locations.

What options/upgrades would you recommend?

What is a reasonable purchase price.

We're headed to a dealer in Florida this weekend.

jimtoo

Hi thommfl250,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully see you on the road.

Jim M

Wmnmy

Hi Tom welcome and you will like the 29rksa I have had ours out in 20 degree weather in Utah upstate Nevada no problems if u gonna spend a lot of time in cold weather get polar package with heated wrapped lines and water tanks . I found that two space heaters work great without using furnace all night . others will chime in we have some who put foam panels under and plug In lamps but they full time and are out in snow .happy camping...

danemayer

If you expect to be in temps down to 20F, you'll definitely need tank heaters. If you run the furnace overnight, the water lines should be ok, but you might consider getting heat tape put on all the water lines if you think there's any chance of colder temps. This might have to be something done by your dealer.

A fireplace will be very helpful, especially on brisk mornings.

If you're planning on running a ceramic disk heater, you may want to have your dealer install an outlet connected to a dedicated circuit breaker. That way you can run the heater on max if necessary without worrying about what else might be using that circuit.

We also have a Water Systems Winter Usage Guide that you may find helpful. There are a lot of tips on how to keep water running in sub-freezing temps.