Major Difference between a Big Country and Big Horn ?

bigdob24

What are some of the big differences between the two brands?
Seems like I heard they are built on the same line , just looks like different floor plans and maybe exterior paint.
BD

esscobra

they are built on different line - main differences are floor plans - and subtle differences in materials -extras - along with some options not avail- and the biggest is the rear cap.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
They are built on the same line with structural similarities and similar floor plans. Differences are seen in the interior amenities and finishes, not necessarily workmanship as the same crews work on both plus Landmarks and I believe BH Travelers.
Your profile indicates you’re from Illinois. Make an appt and tour the plant where they’re made. We’ve been there twice. Always see something, fill in the blank, each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdob24

Travelin2 , we have done the BC tour, very impressive build process.
Thanks to everyone for the commits
BD

NYSUPstater

From what I was told when we were looking like OP is, is the exact same thing. In '05 when we bought our Silverback, that line was slightly different in terms of floor plans and extra goodies on the Creek line. Then the Silverback line went w/ the cathedral ceilings to really differentiate themselves from the Creek line. Was told last year however that Silverback will be dropping the cathedral ceilings. Big Country the same way. Different floorplans yet same assembly line. In comparing similar floorplans, you really have to look for differences as they maybe subtle. Look at the bedroom fireplace offerings between BC and LM and how they are layed out. In fact, I think in the BC, the '19's don't have the stone facade anymore. The fireplace in the LR on BC now have a "marble" mantle trim to help dress it up.

Guess you could look at it in an entirely different way like in terms of autos from bottom of food chain to top dog.

Ford, Mercury, Lincoln
Chevy, Buick, Cadillac

Chevy, GMC

Big Country, Big Horn, Landmark
Silverback, Creek (Hathaway now), Champaign

All are similar yet the edge will always go to next trim level/brand up. In the case of Chevy/GMC, years ago there was a very large difference between the two. Today it's down to the GMC having extras not avail to Chevy (at least it used to be that way last I knew)

bigdob24

NYSUPstater, as I’m a Ford guy I think you have the “food chain list “ backwards;-)
Thats a whole nother conversation.
Thanks for all the input we are scheduled to pick up our new rig Monday
BD

Guess you could look at it in an entirely different way like in terms of autos from bottom of food chain to top dog.

Ford, Mercury, Lincoln
Chevy, Buick, Cadillac

Chevy, GMC

Big Country, Big Horn, Landmark
Silverback, Creek (Hathaway now), Champaign )

NYSUPstater

NYSUPstater, as I’m a Ford guy I think you have the “food chain list “ backwards;-)
Thats a whole nother conversation.
Thanks for all the input we are scheduled to pick up our new rig Monday
BD

LOL, well I did have Ford above GM ! (FWIW, I have a '17 F350 cc,4x4, dually, 6.7 too). Fords since '03. Also owned a '72 GMC, '86 GMC, '88 Ford, '91 GMC, '97 Chevy

Congrats on the new rig!!

Gaffer

When we were shopping in 2015 we seriously looked at the Big Country. Adding the options to it that were standard on the Bighorn got it to about the same price point as the Bighorn. What made the difference to us was some options I needed were not available on the Big Country. Get the build sheets and options list and MSRP sheet for each and do your homework.

bigdob24

We did did all the paper work and walk through.
Several things to adjust and fix so we won’t get it for at least a week.
Got info on what I needed learn here and with the people at the walk through.
I think I’m good
Thanks
BD

BD,

Did you pick up the new rig today? I was away past couple of days, but now home if you want to PM me.