Our 3010 Modifications

Sniper

Big Foot auto leveling system installed in May. Fantastic! Now we have the up-dated key FOB programmed too, and love it.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• GEDC1035.jpg
    GEDC1035.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,772
  • GEDC1036.jpg
    GEDC1036.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 267
  • GEDC1034.jpg
    GEDC1034.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,780
  • GEDC1037.jpg
    GEDC1037.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,756

Sniper

Just for my education... What's the difference between the big foot system and 6 pt level up?
The Big Foot system has pumps and reservoirs on 4 of the 6 legs (the center legs are plumbed from the rear cylinders). Our Cyclone did not have an auto level system, and after seeing a unit last year with an auto level system and talking with the owners we started checking out leveling systems online and, after much research we went with the Big Foot system. We have used it 5 times now with no problems. No "popping" and, operation is smooth, and fast. Rig is super stable. We are very pleased.

Sniper

In the process of changing to ALL LED Bulbs. (the first picture shows the fixture with one of the regular bulbs in the right and a LED bulb on the left for a side by side) The light is very white compared to the incandescent, and the heat reduction is amazing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• GEDC1040.jpg
    GEDC1040.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,540
  • GEDC1039.jpg
    GEDC1039.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,543

Sniper

Replacing all the running lights to LED as well. These are direct replacements that come with a new lens too. I replaced all the wood screws (can't figure out why they would use those all around in the first place) with#10 x 3/4" sheet metal screws as well. Should light the rig pretty good I think.

GEDC1041.jpg GEDC1042.jpg

Last edited:

jbeletti

All your light mods are great. be sure to share the part numbers and sources when you can within each of your upgrade posts in case others wish to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for your contributions to the forum.

Time to join the Heartland Owners Club and come to the Ohio rally to meet some cool people and show off that modified rig of yours :)

Sniper

All your light mods are great. be sure to share the part numbers and sources when you can within each of your upgrade posts in case others wish to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for your contributions to the forum.

Time to join the Heartland Owners Club and come to the Ohio rally to meet some cool people and show off that modified rig of yours :)
Will do and thanks Jim. We do belong to the Heartland Owners Club #1371. Guess I should add that to my profile. LOL Can't make the Ohio rally this year, but do plan on making it next year. :)

jbeletti

Will do and thanks Jim. We do belong to the Heartland Owners Club #1371. Guess I should add that to my profile. LOL Can't make the Ohio rally this year, but do plan on making it next year. :)

I found it under Sheri's forum profile. I manually added some data to yours so it shows up by you now too. BUT, I may have messed with the database too much. I'll take it up with Julie as to whether we can have spouses/partners appear as club members when they too have a forum user account.

Sniper

I found it under Sheri's forum profile. I manually added some data to yours so it shows up by you now too. BUT, I may have messed with the database too much. I'll take it up with Julie as to whether we can have spouses/partners appear as club members when they too have a forum user account.
It's all good Jim. Sweet P is the Commander around here anyway, I'm just security & maintenance. :cool:

jbeletti

OK - Julie advised I can't be making these manual adjustments. I added your member number to your signature :)

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Sniper,

The mods look excellent. Like Jim said (before he started messing with your profile: "Leave the Buckeyes alone!"), make sure you add part numbers, etc. for those that want to do the same. You can just edit your posts instead of doing whole new ones.

Sniper

Sniper,

The mods look excellent. Like Jim said (before he started messing with your profile: "Leave the Buckeyes alone!"), make sure you add part numbers, etc. for those that want to do the same. You can just edit your posts instead of doing whole new ones.
Will do and Thanks Bob. I will be posting here in the next few days specifically about the LED's and some of the "issues" I found during the installation along with pictures and links.

Safe travels. :)

Sniper

Did you buy your led lights online? any good deals out there?
I bought the LED's I'm using in the dome lights at Wal-Mart they are automotive lights so they are pretty intense. They are 1156's. Pilot is the brand name and, are sold in packs of 2 for $14.97 + tax (about as good a deal as I can find). I will be using a softer light over the table, and over the bed (non automotive) but, I'm still messing around with those to figure out what works best. I did buy the the marker/clearance lights on-line, but I'm having issues with another order I placed with the company (they got my money. I don't have the product) so I'm hesitant to put a link for them until the issue is resolved to my satisfaction. I'll keep the post up-dated.

Safe travels. :)

Sniper

Got tired of seeing all those little rust rings and streaks around the screw heads on the fender skirts so I replaced them all with stainless screws and flat washers. As can be seen in the first picture the factory screw (left) is rusting and has very little flat surface to spread out the load compared to the new screw (center), and than with the flat washer (right). Replacement screw size is #10 x 1 pan head phillips, and #10 flat washers. Cost less than 10 bucks to do both skirts, purchased them at TSC. Forgot to take a before pic, but last pic is the "after".

GEDC1045.jpg GEDC1047.jpg

jeffdee

Got tired of seeing all those little rust rings and streaks around the screw heads on the fender skirts so I replaced them all with stainless screws and flat washers. As can be seen in the first picture the factory screw (left) is rusting and has very little flat surface to spread out the load compared to the new screw (center), and than with the flat washer (right). Replacement screw size is #10 x 1 pan head phillips, and #10 flat washers. Cost less than 10 bucks to do both skirts, purchased them at TSC. Forgot to take a before pic, but last pic is the "after".

View attachment 38671 View attachment 38672

I just checked mine. They are painted black to match the black skirts so they are not rusting. However, they were all loose and backed out 1/8" or more. I am constantly tightening loose screws or repairing stripped screws.

Sniper

I just checked mine. They are painted black to match the black skirts so they are not rusting. However, they were all loose and backed out 1/8" or more. I am constantly tightening loose screws or repairing stripped screws.
The screws on ours were painted white to match the skirts as well, but those little rust rings and streaks were starting to show after 4 years.