Load Boss Tire Problems

Three weeks ago I had a nail in a Load Boss tire that developed a slow leak. I took it to be plugged and the Firestone service manager said he could fix the nail hole, but the sidewall was defective and the tire would have to be replaced. Since we already had one Goodyear tire from the when the RV dealer where we purchased our rig changed out a Load Boss tire, we decided to stay with Goodyear. Last Thursday while traveling in Ohio, we had a tire failure which also damaged our coach. I managed to get off I70 and replace the tire with the spare. Upon reaching our campground I inspected the last of the Load Boss tires. Guess what? The sidewall was defective and I estimate would have blown within 100 miles. Vision Wheel imports these tires. They, in turn, sell the tires to Americana. And they sell to the RV industry. Has anyone else experienced problems with this brand? If so, how did you resolve your issues?

David D

jpmorgan37

David,
I've only got about 3000 miles on mine but have had no problems at all. I'm curious, what air pressure do you carry? I know that when I picked up my GC and was doing the PDI, they only had 72 pounds of air in each one. I inflated them to 110 psi and maintain that pressure cold. I'm getting ready to hit the road again in a few weeks and sure don't want any tire malfunctions. I'm sorry that you've had bad luck with them and especially sorry that you damaged your coach.

John

John,

I had 110psi in them. I checked them that morning. The tires had somewhere around 10,000 to 15,000 miles on them. The treads looked new when they came apart.

Thanks,
David

jpmorgan37

Thanks for that info David. I'll be keeping a much closer eye on mine because none of us need those kinds of problems.

John

K

Ken Washington

Hi David,
Very sorry that you had this problem! We had tire problems on our last trailer-not Heartland or Load Boss. That was a manufacture defect and they replaced all of my tires and repaired our trailer. Were there any worning signs that the rest of us can look for? I don't run my preasure at the max-I have about 95 psi cold.

Ken, there were no warning signs that I noticed on the tire that shredded. In fact, I checked the tires, and torque, not 60 miles before the incident. That is when I decided to do more investigation and found the sidewall on the last Load Boss about ready to give. I also have a Grand Canyon and when the tire went it broke the strap that supports the gas line on the off-door side, ripped the brace off the fender skirt and damaged the skirt. Vision Wheel, the importer of Load Boss, said if the tire is deemed defective they will pay for the repairs and reemburse us for the cost of the Loss Boss tires. Not the Goodyear that I had to put on because there is no way to just go out and replace the Load Boss. Their tire might be "as good," but don't have a problem with them. David

North

Tire problems

At about 8000 miles one of my tires had a tennis ball sized bulge on the side wall and had to be replaced, it had not gone flat yet. In less than a 1000 miles one of the others had the tread start to come off and I caught it before it went flat. In another 50 miles the third one had the tread come off and I did not catch it before it went flat. These are just bad tires and I could not find anyone who sells them or will cover the defects. I replaced all of them with goodyear G614 tires.:mad:

ChopperBill

The way I understand it those tires meet specs and us owners aren't taking care of our tires or running over objects and damaging them. However, My Chinese tires went bye-bye and I now have Michelin's. Dont hear too many problems with them or Goodyear's.

BluegrassMan

ChopperBill:
Those Michelins of yours, are they Load Range G ? If not, do they make a G tire ? I keep reading about all these tire blow outs, now I'm getting paranoid. My GC is an 05', NEVER sees weather(garaged) and has LOW miles on it. BUT STILL......

ChopperBill

Mine are E's as well as the stock tires. But when you compare the side walls to the take offs you wouldn't even run the stock tires across the street. Lots of folks don't have a problem like you then again there are lots of folks that do.

tdharley

I agree with Bill 1000000000%

Just installed there Goodyears and there is a difference in sidewalls and the treads. The treads were expected since the new tires are 14 ply. Also

I do not know why or what the difference is but the new Goodyears are marked "REGROOVEABLE". I dont know if that is good or bad, the installer just said it is possible to do.

C

Chulinw

I had the Kenda tires on my rig and one blow out and over 6K damage and I replace all the tires with the same tires as ChopperBill. I would replace the China tires without even thinking about it because of the damage and just the peace of mind.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Bluegrassman
I have checked around and my tire dealer said that the MIchilens do not come in a G rated. Bought the Goodyears. Are you replacing your tires due to wear or time? I have put about 20,000 miles on the OEM Goodyears and I am replacing them before I head out west in May. I will feel safer with new treads going the distance I plan on traveling this year.

Uncle Rog

I had my Good year's installed Sat AM, big difference in quality, 4 steel ply's in the tread vs 2 in the chicom Trail America. Even Mike the tire dude said he had to rethink his "most tires are the same" logic.He thought the spare that I was running was better than the originals! Any ways I now have 4 new "made in America" tires and 2 chicom spares....let 'er rip...

As a follow up I wanted to let you know that Vision Wheel reimbursed me for their cost of two new Load Boss tires and the cost to repair our coach. However, their cost for their tires is no where near that of the Goodyear tires I replaced them with. I had plenty of documentation and sent them the defective tires as well.