Ice maker production

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Just started up our 3670rl with the icemaker on the 14 cubic ft unit. It made ice for 24 hours and was not very much ice to me. Our last rv we had added an ice maker and it put out 3 times the ice. Maybe i'm not comparing apples to apples. Does anybody else have the ice maker and what amount is your unit making? Ours was making a batch in 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Kenny the ice maker in our Landmark only makes three to four batches a day and the freezer will only cool down to 20 degrees with it set on the coldest temperature. Heartland had dometic rep check it and he verified that there were no obstructions in the vent and that the fans were working then told us that this was normal. Heck it will not even keep ice cream hard. The ice cream is about like soft serve when it comes out of the freezer and at times the ice in the tray melts and there is a one to two inch sheet of ice in the bottom of the tray. I have not found the dometic refrigerator to work nearly as well as the Norcold in our last camper.
Don

jbeletti

Don,

RS worked on my ref right after they had worked on yours last summer. Ron thought that because I had the large siar space above the top vent, that the hot air was not escaping so he insulated, then blocked off that space so the convection action had a better chance between the bottom and top vents.

Made sense to me but it was not the fix. My unit was making frost in the freezer at an alarming rate. Turns out my ice maker was not installed "all the way" into the freezer compartment. It looked fine to me but it was out enough that the door, when closed would not compress the seal enough to make a tight seal. Once fixed, no more huge frost build, solid ice cream and an easier to cool frig section.

If your freezer is not building frost at an alarming rate, my issue is probably not what you have.

Jim

Paul & Nan

The ice maker in our 3670 barely makes ice, maybe 2 batches a day. I have to take ice from home to have any. The freezer keeps icecream hard and not much frost, so don't know what the problem might be. Nan

2010augusta

Ours makes a batch every hour or two. we fill our bucket in about two, maybe three days. we keep the temp set at the 3 setting normally. I am very happy with the way our 14 cubic fridge works. we have actually froze ice-tea in the refer a few times, so we have to watch the temp display regularly.

Which temp fridge or freezer does thew display show?

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
ours makes a batch every hour or two. We fill our bucket in about two, maybe three days. We keep the temp set at the 3 setting normally. I am very happy with the way our 14 cubic fridge works. We have actually froze ice-tea in the refer a few times, so we have to watch the temp display regularly.

Which temp fridge or freezer does the display show?

can't remember what the display shows, but think it was 33-39 range. I think we were just expecting a lot more ice than what we were getting. Thanks to all for the info!!

wdk450

Question:
Does the icemaker just work on city water, or will it work with water pumped from the tank?
Our icemaker has never filled. The refrig was left on fro several days at one point.

flamingknitter

WDK450 - My ice maker didn't run either when I first got it. You have to follow the water line and make sure that it isn't crimped or turned off. I think there is a stop cock in the line somewhere. Mine was fixed when I took it back for it's first warranty service. I'm sure one of the guys will chime in with the exact location of the things you need to look at. It runs great now and is filled within a day or so.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
question:
Does the icemaker just work on city water, or will it work with water pumped from the tank?
Our icemaker has never filled. The refrig was left on fro several days at one point.

1. Icemaker will work on both types of water as it is hooked up to both.
2. Go on the outside of your rv, take a flat screwdriver and twist the 2 little black plastic "things" to take the cover off. There should be a regular receptacle in there, the ref. Is plugged into it. Also the "ice maker" should be plugged into it, ours was not plugged in by our dealer.
3. Back on the inside of the rv, pull the drawer out that is below the ref. Put your hands on both sides of the drawer and you will find 2 plastic small spring loaded arms, push one and pull the other, it will release the drawer slides so you can pull the drawer out, look behind the drawer for a clear plastic water line going up and down, mine was kinked. Also look for an on/off water valve on the line.
4. If you don't find the water valve, go back outside under the ref. And trace the water line back to the incoming water line (hose). Mine was located on the back side of the docking station. You will find the clear plastic water line hooked to one of the water lines, turn it on. Then go inside the ice maker and be sure the metal wire is pushed down, to turn the ice maker on. Wait 2 hours and you should have ice. Throw the first 2 or so loads of ice away. Then make a nice adult beverage and look out the back window and enjoy camping...........