Big Horn 3670RL

fcycle

We picked our 2009 up from the dealer on February 11th and headed to Montgomery, AL where we stored the unit for three weeks. When we re-hitched we ran the front electric jacks up too high and created a binding on the pins that release the drop down feet. I guess we missed this potential event when we had our training. With much difficulty (no tools) I was eventually able to get the pins free so the extensions would work. Thank goodness for metal clothes hangers. I wired the extensions up to get us to Gulf Shores. Upon arriving at the RV park I blocked the front end so the electric jack only had to extend about 8" to level the camper. I now need to loosen the spring mounted pin bracket and hopefully reposition it so the spring loaded pin will work as designed. Hopefully, I did not bend the pin.

We have also discovered that the 5-1 surround has either a bad front center channel or front center speaker. I wonder if the dealer has an electronics person on staff.

Has anyone else jammed their front jacks or experienced a surround sound problem?

Fred
2009 Big Horn 3670RL
2005 Ram 3500 CTD LWB DRW Quad Cab Auto 3.73 rear

jbeletti

Fred,

I have no ideas for you on the jacks. I suggest you have your dealer look at that.

As for the surround, just a guess here but I suggest that you look at the back of the surround unit and the back of the center channel speaker for a loose wire. There at least 12 wires connecting to the speaker outputs on the back of the unit. Easy for one to work out.

Rickhansen

I have seen that, if you retract the jacks too far the pins bind and will not disengage. When I extended the jacks back down a bit, they operated freely. I can't quite envision how your locking pins were damaged.

Before you call the speaker dead, check the back of your surround sound unit. I had one speaker not working and found that the factory has spliced the wiring from cables connected to the speaker outputs to the #22AWG with a dozen blue wire nuts. One wire had pulled loose.

I'd recommend giving each one a solid twist to make sure they are tight.

ChopperBill

Dont know about the jacks but the I did a little something on the center speaker. Mine was mounted way to the right of the TV. It was pretty annoying hearing the voices coming from that area so I disconnected it and put a good speaker on the shelf next to the TV. Much better.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Damaged pins

I to have bent my pins and have had to replace them because not only were the pins bent but the welds broke. I think around fifty bucks. The way that happend to me was, other than lack of attention, when I set up I dropped the pads pinned them then raised the legs to unhitch. When I leveled I had to lower the front end and and there was not enough leg left to retract before hitting the pin lock on the frame. Not paying attention. I have learned from that experience that I need to extend the whole leg before pulling the pin and extending the pad. That way I have plenty room to retract if I need to. And yes wire coat hangers are very useful.

Niles

If I understand the jack deal ours too is set up that way if you run your jacks to high it will bind against the frame of the trailer and bend them. I'm very careful watching them when we retract them, I'm not sure how bad you tweeted them, however just because of the frustration they will cause in the future I would replace them. JMO