holding tank valve

Holding tank valve doesn't close all the way. When I shut it the valve slides out an inch. Doesn't stay closed like the grey valves.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello rickwestphal and welcome to the forum. You should get a comment on your valve. But I have to ask, does just the handle slide back out or does the tank leak?
If the handle slides out and the tank does not leak that should not be a problem. If your tank leaks after shutting it then it sounds like you may have something stuck in the valve itself.
What year and model is your Bighorn?

Peace
Dave

Looks like it may be. I'll know more after I grab a honey bucket and open up the cap. Last time I cleaned it I was opening and closing the valve.(rv tote) I just purchased a 2011 3585.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rick, even if your not having any leakage. I would install the spin on extra valve on your drain pipe end. That way if you ever have a valve problem...then at least you wont have shoes full of poop. You should "blue glue" it on...they can come loose. JMHO

jpdoggett

Rick, even if your not having any leakage. I would install the spin on extra valve on your drain pipe end. That way if you ever have a valve problem...then at least you wont have shoes full of poop. You should "blue glue" it on...they can come loose. JMHO
Bob are you talkin about a clean out type valve or just a valve by it's self?

aatauses

You may??? just have a sticky valve?? Try putting valve lubricant in your tank per the instructions on the bottle and see if that corrects the issue
al

It acts like something is not letting the valvue close, where ever it is in the process. You push in the valve and it just slids back out a little.

TedS

See if you can rent a pipeline scope, run it up the discharge line to see what's there.
Or rent a plumber with a pipeline scope.
Get a Flush King and backflush the line up into the tank a few times to dislodge what may be stuck.