4200. Looking to buy. Thoughts on this model?

Jerapais

Can anyone comment on this model one way or another? Is the side porch a bonus? The MBR with slideout? How about the 2nd bathroom?

2PawsRiver

We have the 4270, pretty much the same thing. The side deck is a plus and a minus. Weather is good, deck is down, all is great, nice big glass door, feels real open. Rain, the deck can be compromised and cause problems, so if it is going to rain you have to have the deck up, so you lose the open feel and added space that you might have if you went with a slide instead of the deck...…...if we had it to do over we would still take the deck over the slide.

We like the second bath. If we are dry camping, splitting use between the bathrooms extends the stay. We also had a leak and a plugged main toilet, having the second bathroom took pressure off of having to get it in and repaired. I am 6'2", 245ish...I can close the door to the second bathroom, barely.

Tree14

Can anyone comment on this model one way or another? Is the side porch a bonus? The MBR with slideout? How about the 2nd bathroom?
We have a 2016 4200 Cyclone and love it. The MBR bed position is in the middle so ease of getting in and making it.

Master bath is great with the full tub in case you need to relax. The back bathroom is a bathroom with sink separate. We did change all fixtures to real ones not plastc.

Hope this helps. It pulls effortlessly too.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Jerapais

We have a 2016 4200 Cyclone and love it. The MBR bed position is in the middle so ease of getting in and making it.

Master bath is great with the full tub in case you need to relax. The back bathroom is a bathroom with sink separate. We did change all fixtures to real ones not plastc.

Hope this helps. It pulls effortlessly too.

thx so much fir the reply. Really like the layout.

Tree14

We recently went to an RV show and the new 5th wheel layout were not as nice as our 4200

david-steph2018

thx so much fir the reply. Really like the layout.

Our Road Warrior 427 is the same setup as the 4200 Cyclone. The master bath is great. The side deck issue we solved by leaving our awning out except when it is a hard wind. We tipped our awning and added a sunblocker screen and then tie down the sunblocker. It works really good like this and you still use the side deck in a mild breeze and rain.
The 2nd bath is tight. You can use it but it is tight.
We really like the side deck and love sitting out there in morning drinking our coffee and relaxing. We are not sorry we bought the Road Warrior with the side deck, would do it again.

Jerapais

Our Road Warrior 427 is the same setup as the 4200 Cyclone. The master bath is great. The side deck issue we solved by leaving our awning out except when it is a hard wind. We tipped our awning and added a sunblocker screen and then tie down the sunblocker. It works really good like this and you still use the side deck in a mild breeze and rain.
The 2nd bath is tight. You can use it but it is tight.
We really like the side deck and love sitting out there in morning drinking our coffee and relaxing. We are not sorry we bought the Road Warrior with the side deck, would do it again.

Agree on layout. Tough decision between.

The side porch is great, weather permitting of course. I chose this over the 4005 and 4007 for multiple reasons. The main being that the master bedroom had much more room and didn't feel as cramped. I liked it's kitchen/living room floor plan. I just added a couple of bar stools if you want to eat at the countertop. Having to have the two in one washer/dryer combo is a pain because the clothes will naturally wrinkle, but nothing an iron cant fix. There is tons of storage, but in all sorts of odd places. The biggest flaw is lack of a pantry in my opinion as the second bath takes a majority of the space where it could be. I am 6'1 and still need a step stool to reach some of the cabinets. Overall I really enjoy the TH and though it was the best model cyclone had to offer. Btw I did buy a 2019. Let me know if you have other questions about the TH if you havent already made up your mind.

Sowie

Are Cyclone models being discontinued? I just looked at the Heartland Cyclone models website and didn’t see the 4200 listed. There are now only a handful of them. What happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Are Cyclone models being discontinued? I just looked at the Heartland Cyclone models website and didn’t see the 4200 listed. There are now only a handful of them. What happened?

I see 8 Cyclone floor plans listed. Did you see the arrows to scroll to the right?

Sowie

Yes there are only 8 models shown. There use to be at least double that amount. The 4200 and 4250 are missing. Those have the side patio. I wonder if they thought they were competing too much within the other brands that they own. We love our 4200 as it allows our autistic son and our pooch to roam outside a little and still stay within reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sowie

On 4270 no side patio and has a 20’ deep garage. They did an open floor plan design. Kinda back to old school toy haulers that you could hose out the dirt from front to back which we didn’t car for. The 4200 is much more homey feeling. There are quite a few others that are missing. Was anyone like jbelletti aware or have any on sight?

danemayer

On 4270 no side patio and has a 20’ deep garage. They did an open floor plan design. Kinda back to old school toy haulers that you could hose out the dirt from front to back which we didn’t car for. The 4200 is much more homey feeling. There are quite a few others that are missing. Was anyone like jbelletti aware or have any on sight?

On my screen, it has a side patio and a 13' garage. Maybe you're looking at the 4220 Giant.

Sowie

My bad yes that was the 4220 giant I was comparing. The 4270 is the closest thing to the 4200 and 4250 now. Main difference other than kitchen layout is the 4200 has two full bathrooms where the 4270 only has one. Still I was just surprised that they would drop so many models in one fell swoop.

We just bought the 4200, 2015 model... we looked at soo many different brands and layouts within a few days that our heads were spinning! We haven't gotten to go on our first camping trip just yet but my pros on the 4200 vs the other brands were the full 2nd bathroom in the garage, we have a 4 year old so the added bathroom for him and our guests are great to have. Also with the play area in the garage as well as both patios is a major bonus! It also has the king bed which seemed to be a rare find in many of the campers we looked at. We thought we were dead set on a bunk room and started to nix the toy hauler, I'm glad we changed our mind here since 2 Queen beds will grow with the toddler and be much more comfortable and roomy for the older kids or other family members.

We have a 2018 4200, I had mixed feelings on the side patio, or having an additional slide out instead. Turns out I LOVE the side deck, adds so much light, and makes the space feel larger. Plus the more outside space is so nice. We've been on ours for over a year, and haven't found a spot that doesn't allow the side patio use, that was my concern. We love our unit. We have 2 teens in the back, a dog, and my husband and I. More than enough space. King bed is awesome, and we have the vented splendide in the master closet. Love it!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4270Ron

We have a 2018 4200, I had mixed feelings on the side patio, or having an additional slide out instead. Turns out I LOVE the side deck, adds so much light, and makes the space feel larger. Plus the more outside space is so nice. We've been on ours for over a year, and haven't found a spot that doesn't allow the side patio use, that was my concern. We love our unit. We have 2 teens in the back, a dog, and my husband and I. More than enough space. King bed is awesome, and we have the vented splendide in the master closet. Love it!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have you had any leaks when it rains and the patio is down. I can't seem to figure out where the water is coming from, but think from under the patio door