Can't Drain Fresh Water Tank on North Trail 28BH

just purchased 2009 north trail 5th wheel 28BH, getting familuar with water system, haveing trouble draining the fresh water tank, any help would be great:confused:

I live in the north georgia mountains , not much room to turn my north trail 5th wheel 28BH around on this mountain!!

jimtoo

Hi alton,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am not familiar with the North Trail systems, but someone will give you some help soon I would think.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

goforit

You should have two low point drains under the coach, If you don't see them that mean you will need to take to a dealer. Because at the plant where it was made they never drop them out from the under belly. Hope this help.

jimtoo

Hi goforit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

They have discontinued the low point drains of a lot of the units that Heartland produces due to the problems they were giving due to freezing problems. Don't know about the North Trail.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There should be a single hose coming out the bottom of the coroplast (plastic) with a brass angle cock on it. That is the drain for the fresh water tank. If you want it to drain faster...turn on the water pump.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As previously mentioned, if you can't find a tank drain valve, use the fresh water pump to drain the tank. Be sure to open the Grey tank valve also.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alton, if you dont do this now...I would drain the tank....put about a cup of bleach in the the tank with 5 gals of water. I would never leave a fresh tank empty. Lots of bad stuff can grow in there.