Awning has some damage...

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
I went to work with my awning out about 4ft. While I was at work the wind kicked up and did some damage. The front top mount pulled out from the trailer and the holes are now stripped out. The sliding lever/pivot near the door is made of pot metal and snapped in half. The lower mount by the door is cracked in half as well. My question is... do I need to buy an all new awning or can the parts be ordered? It's a mess.

Thanks,

Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill, Sorry to say but I think a dealer may be the best place for your question. If there is a dealer in your area, they sometimes have old units lying around to salvage parts from. It also sounds as if you're going to need some modification to the upper bracket mounting area. Possibly a piece of small sheet aluminum to remount the new bracket to. Good luck with your awning repair.

Erma

I have a question about the ceiling in our TT. I see white spots where it seems the staples are. Whatever they used to cover them didn't match the ceiling material. Our trailer was just built May 27. Has anyone else had this problem? It's very noticable when the lights are on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a question about the ceiling in our TT. I see white spots where it seems the staples are. Whatever they used to cover them didn't match the ceiling material. Our trailer was just built May 27. Has anyone else had this problem? It's very noticable when the lights are on.

Yes on the white spots. As for the hardware, you might find a dealership that has it from a repair job, but usually if the awning goes, the hardware gets damaged, too. When the manual awning on our TT collapsed from a sudden downpour, it torqued the supports enough that replacing them was necessary, even though you had to look close to see the damage. Cost about $1100 to replace the entire 18ft. awning. Nice to have that $100 deductible!

ChopperBill

Our also got ruined during a frog downing rain storm. Best thing that has ever happened. Put on a Care Free Eclipse electric awning. One of the best up grades we have done.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would contact your insurance company regarding your awning. Hopefully you have it.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Contact insurance and also check with your dealer for spare parts. They all have a junk pile that they salvage parts from.

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Thanks for all your responses! I went to my dealer and he said he does have some parts so it looks like I'll be able to fix it. I will have to make some kind of new mount to refasten that top bracket though. I guess I have a project now.. :)