MORryde SRE-4000 Equalizer

travlingman

Exploring the idea of putting the SRE 4000 system on our Landmark. For those who have put this system on their rig, what do you think? Is it worth the money? Does it help with the ride of the rig liked claimed? Would you do it again? Any cons to it?

For those who installed the system themselves, how hard is it to do? Can 1 person do it themselves? Going to add the greasable wet bolts if we do it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Sre 4000

The 4000 is only rated for 7000lbs axles
The Landmark has 8000lbs axles.
The 3000 is for 8000lbs but I don't see any benefit over the current Dexter equalizers.

So I wouldn't recommend it.
Just my opinion

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

travlingman

The 3000 is for 8000lbs but I don't see any benefit over the current Dexter equalizers.

Just my opinion

Jerrod

I have a 2014 that has 7000 lb axles.

sengli

There were several threads on here not all that long ago, where that MORryde system was failing and falling apart on some big horns, with very few miles.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had MorRyde install the SRE4000 in Elkhart after the National Rally in 2017. We also upgraded our shocks. The shocks and the SRE4000 did not play nice, and discovered the new shocks were leaking on the trip back home to Texas. We replaced all the shocks with standard OEM once home, and over the next year, again, all shocks either failed, the rubber bushings failed, or the shocks lost the retainer nuts. Each time I contacted MorRyde they would suggest the shocks might need to be removed, but why they didn't recommend that when we had the SRE4000 installed, I don't know.

We have noticed the rubber inside the SRE4000 is starting to show wear. I plan to have MorRyde look at it when we are in Goshen this summer. Overall, I personally don't see significant improvement with the SRE4000, but maybe some. Our rig is 43' long with a good bit of length past the axles. We still take many precautionary measures to make sure stuff doesn't bounce around inside. I know it does still bounce, because we often find the screws from the ceiling fan blades on the floor upon arrival. :(

TravelTiger

Another follow up on our MorRyde SRE4000, installed in 2017. While at the National Rally in Goshen, we showed a picture of our suspension to Gary Wheeler. He immediately confirmed they were defective, and brought us two new SRE4000 equalizers. The rubber is pulling away from the metal, "devulcanizing" according to them.

They were booked for service so we could not get them installed, we will have to replace them ourselves.

If you have this system and your components look like this, contact MorRyde to see about replacements.

IMG_3615.jpgIMG_3614.jpg
(Photos have adjusted brightness to show detail)

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 74

'Lil Guy'

Just my opinion

Jerrod

I agree here completely except I thought they were rated at 6K

TravelTiger

I agree here completely except I thought they were rated at 6K

CRE 3000 are currently installed on most the big fivers Heartland makes. I overhead a factory Brand Rep say they were going to SRE4000 on Landmark soon. I didn't get to quiz him about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennyha

I had installed the SRE4000s on our Cyclone. I had the same issue with the rubber pulling away from the metal frame, twice. After the last time, I switched to the CRE3000. So far, so good.

TravelTiger

I had installed the SRE4000s on our Cyclone. I had the same issue with the rubber pulling away from the metal frame, twice. After the last time, I switched to the CRE3000. So far, so good.

Interesting! Did MorRyde replace them under warranty?

I read on their manual to check this periodically. According to the instructions, some cracking is "normal" but if it's more than a certain amount, the equalizer needs to be replaced.

8a206dea8437454bf99f54060cea1d41.jpg

Dennyha

Interesting! Did MorRyde replace them under warranty?

Yes. After the second one separated, I asked them to replace it with a set of the CRE3000's, and they agreed. No problem with the equalizer since then. (knock on wood)

Short-Bed-Dually

We had MorRyde install the SRE4000 in Elkhart after the National Rally in 2017. We also upgraded our shocks. The shocks and the SRE4000 did not play nice, and discovered the new shocks were leaking on the trip back home to Texas. We replaced all the shocks with standard OEM once home, and over the next year, again, all shocks either failed, the rubber bushings failed, or the shocks lost the retainer nuts. Each time I contacted MorRyde they would suggest the shocks might need to be removed, but why they didn't recommend that when we had the SRE4000 installed, I don't know.

We have noticed the rubber inside the SRE4000 is starting to show wear. I plan to have MorRyde look at it when we are in Goshen this summer. Overall, I personally don't see significant improvement with the SRE4000, but maybe some. Our rig is 43' long with a good bit of length past the axles. We still take many precautionary measures to make sure stuff doesn't bounce around inside. I know it does still bounce, because we often find the screws from the ceiling fan blades on the floor upon arrival. :(

Did you ever get the shock problem figured out?