A couple more fun ones

stsmark

Well the Cyclone came down to the airport to get a bath with DI water, gotta love having great tools. The F350 actually sits quite nicely with the 2812 the angle makes it look to be sagging. After the bath it spent the weekend drip drying with it's buddy.

photo-8.jpgphoto-7.jpg

brianharrison

I certainly like your other "tool" along side the Cyclone - I bet it comes in handy when you have to fly to Paris for dinner. :)

priorguy

Yet another way to make other men feel inadequate. :rolleyes:

I'm just jealous because even though we have toys like that at work, homer jobs are a big no-no. :(

stsmark

Please don't think I'm trying to show off, I have access to the hangar because I ran the Flt Dept. for 26 years before PPMS reared it's ugly head. The low angles of the pictures are from them being taken from my wheelchair, the Cyclone was also at the hangar to have Elkhart Tool and Die quad steps and a Stromberg Carlson AC530 handle installed to see if my RV days are behind me or not. The truck I drive using Menox Hand Controls, they remind me of flying. The actual owner of the whole shebang is the son of an immigrant steel worker from the South Side of Chicago who got it the hard way and a dear friend. It is a Citation X and it is way cool and fun to fly.
Mark

brianharrison

Mark,

Just goes to show there is some much more behind the simple words in the post. No belief on my part that you were bragging or showing off - just very envious of the pictures in the special location. Very nice!

Take care,
Brian

Snow

Funny how you can go from man that guy is doing great to man now I have a tear in my eye ��hope you have a great day reading this sure opened me eyes thanks and god bless ⛄⛄⛄⛄

oscar

Don't think the boss (not to mention the TSA) will ever let me put "the Castle" next to one of his 757's for a picture.... Man, that would be COOL.

RuralPastor

Camera angle. With some slight modifications the jet would easily fit in the Cyclone.

Sorry. Not even close. I believe the Cit. 10 is over 70 feet long and nearly 20 feet high. They are a beast--wingspan about the same as length...but the thought sure sounds cool!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I've been flying the X for the last 13 years.
They have been on the market for about 15 years but every month or two I'll still have a controller ask "How fast are you going??"
Normal cruise is .90mach or about 600mph

Attachments

• Cit X.jpg
    Cit X.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 67

RuralPastor

I've been flying the X for the last 13 years.
They have been on the market for about 15 years but every month or two I'll still have a controller ask "How fast are you going??"
Normal cruise is .90mach or about 600mph
That's a lot of real estate in the rearview mirror in a short amount of time. I recently flew a Socata TBM850. Nice ship. Great avs. It's a scooter, too...but not nearly as fast as the X.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well the Cyclone came down to the airport to get a bath with DI water, gotta love having great tools. The F350 actually sits quite nicely with the 2812 the angle makes it look to be sagging. After the bath it spent the weekend drip drying with it's buddy.

View attachment 26568View attachment 26569

Nice! Very Nice. I love the second shot - the Perspective makes the model plane look full size... LOL !!! BTW does the plane have the same graphic as the Cyclone?

oscar

Sorry. Not even close. I believe the Cit. 10 is over 70 feet long and nearly 20 feet high. They are a beast--wingspan about the same as length...but the thought sure sounds cool!

I sit corrected..... that's one large corporate jet. Of course, with my wingspan of 125' everything smaller looks, well, small. :)

stsmark

It's a real plane, I just thought it was a fun picture as the Cyclone looked small. But it is the 2812. Great story, second flight in a previous X in 1997 we were going from Dallas to White Plains, one of the great things about the X is that FL 430 to 470 are real working altitudes for the plane. So were looking to top some weather and climbing from 410 to 470 at mid weight. We asked Center if any one had a ride report ahead, a guy in a Lear 31 says all smooth at 450, a couple minutes later Center asks him to deviate for passing traffic. Baffled the Lear asks whats behind him, controller says I don't know but he has 75 knots on you in the climb. The owner was up front at the time and one happy camper.