Factory...

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
You know...that BLUE color scheme Heartland has on the CYCLONE looks wonderful and would sure look great with my CHEVY! Too bad they didn't come out with that a year or so earlier! Can't the factory do something about that?? :confused::D I can't believe it!! :eek::eek:

Another problem I experienced recently - While driving across Wyoming, one of the ratchet straps I had securing my Harley in the garage, mysteriously loosened up :eek: and the bike tilted gently to one side - (it's unhurt). Why can't the factory pay more attention to the people they sell these things to? :confused::confused: It really could have caused some damage to my bike! :mad::D:D

Have a great day y'all! :D:)None

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Where were those darn straps made ht? You didn't get them at a Harley shop did you???:eek: Glad to hear the bike is OK.

Loco

ht ,
You should know better than to only use one set tie downs. I always double up ties on our Harleys. Shame on you LOL. Glade to hear no damage.

Niles

I was hauling a friend's bike in our SOB with ours, he came up beside us in the car and motioned for me to pull over. When we stopped he said my bike wants out, I just figured he was going to let his wife drive the car and he wanted to ride---WRONG---a strap broke and his bike handle was sticking out the door, not a good day, could of been worst needed a new hand grip and a little scratch on the mirror. The door on the garage didn't survive.:eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I guess everyone has their own tie down methods. I used 8 straps. 2 on each side of the fork from the triple tree, 1 of those about 90 deg to the side, the 2nd about 45 deg in front of that one. 1 was loosely cinched on each side of the rear bags from the frame and an extra set from the handlebars straight across to the side walls of the trailer. Those two were my safety, just in case one of the fork straps gave way. I found the best straps for the money at Industrial Equip. (Northern Tool & Hyd). We never started trailering the bike until we bought a Motorhome. What a concept, no more numb butt when we got to where we were going. I actually felt like riding when we got to a destination.