Options on the 2010 models

ArkSlim

I have contacted a few dealers about the 3410 & 3385 They are telling me that the slam doors and 9ft fridge are options and add to the price. I have looked on this site and according to Jim B. these two things are now standard. I would like to know which is correct?:confused:

Last edited:

judysue

They are options, we just ordered the 3385RL, slam baggage doors $613, 9ft fridge is an option if you want the ice maker, $302. There are other options , electric rear jacks, aluminum rims, trail air hitch, central vacumn, e-mail me and I will send the list. Or least try to send it. Your dealer would send or give you the Bighorn Pricing-MSRP. Remember to negotiate.

tcbrady

9 cu ft fridge is part of the King of the Mountain package which is standard. The slam baggage doors are a forced option on each Bighorn (retail cost 650). Hope this clarifies everything for you.

thanks! Coley

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Arkslim

Not sure about the BH but on my 2010 Landmark, it was a "mandatory" option. In other words, I had to pay extra for them, but I did not have a choice of getting the rig without them.

Of course, I love them and am glad I didn't have a choice. Not sure if I would have ordered them if given the option, but I would have regretted that decision. I love them.

Keith

Theresau

I justed ordered a 3410RE - the slam baggage doors were a mandatory option. I've seen these in person and loved them - one of the reasons I went with the Big Horn. The 9cf fridge was standard unless you order the icemaker.

truknutt

Committed Member
... The slam baggage doors are a forced option on each Bighorn (retail cost 650).

thanks! Coley

Not being a smart butt just inquisitive...why such a thing as a forced option on each unit instead of just increasing the base Bighorn MSRP? :confused: Is this a marketing tool or is it somethng else that I didn't learn in my basic business class? I probably yawned through that class and missed it. :rolleyes:

Thanks TCB!

Questions? We have a 2010 3055RL Big Horn. We love the lay out but have very little room between the vanity sink and the mirrored cabinet. Is there a way to modify the cabinet so that it does not come so far out that we risk hitting our head when we brush our teeth or wash our faces?

Larry and Joanna
Our yorkie companions Lizzie and Molly
2010 3055RL Big Horn
2008 Dodge Diesel Big Horn Edition

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Larry and Joanna,

I had the same problem with our 3055. If your a little handy with a screwdriver and saw, it is pretty easy fix.

I pulled cabinet from wall, 8 screws I think, then the shelf supports that are attached to wall. I then removed the sides of the cabinet that the front panel or door frame is attached to. These are the sides that make it stick out from the wall about 4 inches. I then measured and placed the frt door frame against the wall and marked where it was even on both walls. Then cut shelves down to make them correct size and rear shelf supports. Put everything back on the wall. The ceiling trim from what was inside the cabinet can be used to finish trim now exposed on the outside. I went to a glass shop and had them cut two mirrors, I think about 4 inches or so and the length of the cabinet to put on the walls beside the cabinet to cover the screw holes from the original mounting. I think the mirrors cost about $8 for both of them. Now I have plenty of room to brush my teeth or what ever in the sink without bumping my head.

This is picture of finished job, I did not take any while I was doing it a couple of years ago.
BHMedCabinetMod003.jpg

Jim,
Thanks for the great idea. You did a great job. Heartland should take notice and use your modification. We definantly will.
Joanna

Larry and Joanna
Our Yorkie Companions Lizzie and Molly
2010 3055RL Big Horn

ChopperBill

Jim,
Thanks for the great idea. You did a great job. Heartland should take notice and use your modification. We definantly will.
Joanna

Larry and Joanna
Our Yorkie Companions Lizzie and Molly
2010 3055RL Big Horn
Our "06" has the shallower cabinet. Guess going bigger is not necessarily better.