Bath Tub? Anyone converted shower to tub/shower?

PUG

Pug
We have the Cyclone 3950 with the std corner shower. The wife is a "tubber". Has anyone converted to a tub/shower or know how or where to obtain tub unit? thanks in advance

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was thinking the only thing that may work in the space available would be one of those stand up/walk in tub shower combos you see advertised on TV and in magazines. I know they're pretty expensive too. A tub is the one thing my wife misses as well.

Uncle Rog

I think it would be a nice touch but I THINK the water would probably "slosh" out a lot on the road...................................

Last edited:

irvin56

Biggest problem is in the movement

Their made for your stick house.
They most likely would not stand up to the flexing on the road,
They may be okay if you have a permanent site and setup on.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think it would be a nice touch but I the water would probably "slosh" out a lot on the road...................................
Just guessing here but I think you would drain the tub before you get out of it. Going down the road it would be empty and the door latched so I don't know how it could be damaged. I have no plans to get one but when I first saw them on TV, I thought, How cool! I wonder if it would work in an RV.

SmokeyBare

One needs to keep it simple when your living in an RV...

Ahhhh the Good Ol' Days !!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 19
  • kid in washtub.JPG
    kid in washtub.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 19

cjbearden

Visitor
www.safetytubs.com is a manufacturer of one type of tub that has been installed in RVs/Motorhomes. I emailed them to ask some questions. The response was that these tubs are installed by various distributors and safetytubs.com can help find a dealer near your location. The kicker: RV needs to be able to support 1,000# required by the step-in door model (this includes the weight of the water).

I have no idea how this compares to the showers we currently use or if the dry weight is such that traveling could be a concern due to being overweight. I think I have seen advertisements by Re-Bath but again I do not know if Re-Bath has installed any tubs in RVs.

If you do make such a mod to your Cyclone, please post information (support required and pictures.

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:

truknutt

Committed Member
We had a fiberglass tub in our Rage'N Toyhauler. With all due respect, your wife would have to be mighty "short-legged" to use it! I think is was designed with kid's baths in mind. I think it was only 48-54" long.

I have been searching and for the life of me I can't find it but at the little York, PA RV show this past March, there was a toyhauler (SOB) that had a decent sized tub in it. It took up some serious real estate and had a gray tank dedicated for its use only.

If I find the name, I'll post it here.

On edit: 2009 Inferno 4005 SL has a different version of a tub.